Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I do not yet own an Ascent, but I'm here to garner information about the SUV with the idea of probably replacing my Toyota Highlander in 2020. I'm an old hand with Autoguide forums, as I've been an administrator at Toyota Nation the last ten years, and an administrator at the FR-S forums the last seven years. Anyway, I'll certainly be doing a lot of reading, and occasionally asking questions about the Ascent. Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome! I am in the same boat too. Looking at the Ascent. I thought you looked familiar from TN :) We will be keeping the Venza but getting rid of the Honda van. The Ascent is looking very promising to us in the next year I think.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome! I am in the same boat too. Looking at the Ascent. I thought you looked familiar from TN :) We will be keeping the Venza but getting rid of the Honda van. The Ascent is looking very promising to us in the next year I think.

Nice to see a familiar face here. Seems kind of strange to be an another auto forum, but even if I buy an Ascent I won't be giving up TN. :grin:
Back to the Ascent, the trim line I'm interested in is the Premium, but the only bummer is I'd like to get the 2nd row captain's chairs but don't want the package they come with that has a bunch of items I don't want. I may have to do something similar to what I did with my Highlander and swap out the seats after I purchase the vehicle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice to see a familiar face here. Seems kind of strange to be an another auto forum, but even if I buy an Ascent I won't be giving up TN. :grin:
Back to the Ascent, the trim line I'm interested in is the Premium, but the only bummer is I'd like to get the 2nd row captain's chairs but don't want the package they come with that has a bunch of items I don't want. I may have to do something similar to what I did with my Highlander and swap out the seats after I purchase the vehicle.
Yeah, I am in the same boat. I think the Premium would suit us just fine. That was the only one they had on the lot at the time and the one I test drove and liked it just fine. Only two options I really wanted was the upgraded stereo and bigger wheels. I really do not want the sunroof. I would be ok with the leather too, so could move up to the Limited, which would give me the bigger wheels, but still can't get the stereo it looks like without getting the roof package. So, I need to find one with the stereo to listen to and see what I think of that. I know when we got the Venza we wished we had opted for a few more options than we did. So, taking our time.

Good luck in the journey of finding yours!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, I am in the same boat. I think the Premium would suit us just fine. That was the only one they had on the lot at the time and the one I test drove and liked it just fine. Only two options I really wanted was the upgraded stereo and bigger wheels. I really do not want the sunroof. I would be ok with the leather too, so could move up to the Limited, which would give me the bigger wheels, but still can't get the stereo it looks like without getting the roof package. So, I need to find one with the stereo to listen to and see what I think of that. I know when we got the Venza we wished we had opted for a few more options than we did. So, taking our time.

Good luck in the journey of finding yours!
I too wanted the Premium initially. But, we had to have automatic passenger seat adjustability. So we jumped up to the Limited. I allowed my adult daughter to talk us into option pkg. #23 (moonroof, navigation, radio upgrade) for re-sale purposes down the road. This package sells for msrp $2950 or $2459 (invoice -2% if you are buying under the ASPCA VIP program). Once we get it, I will keep everyone posted...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not keen on the way any of the manufacturers try to maneuver consumers into purchasing packages that they don't really want. They're very adept at not putting together packages that contain all or a majority of items people want most often. Pisses me off as a consumer, but I guess most people give in and buy packages and more. I've always had a tendency to go with the base model of any vehicle and add what I want aftermarket. With my Highlander for example, they did not offer the Base model with no 3rd row seat and I didn't want all the b.s. that came with the Sport or Limited trims, so after purchase I hooked up with another member on the TN forum and switched out my 3rd row seat for his rear cargo deck/stowage bin in a straight swap. You can't beat that. :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Welcome, Traildust. I frequented the Toyota forums when I owned a Highlander, Camry, and a Tundra. Now i just stop in to check out the fireworks on the "political" thread. No such thread here on the Subaru forum. Subaru love does not extend into politics. Glad to have you join us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.