Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I test drove a 2020 Ascent yesterday and it is currently at the top of our shortlist. We also just started learning about Overlanding and will probably join some Subaru groups but we're wondering if anyone has done any solar installs on/in their Subaru? I'm looking at about 300-400w of solar and a 100ah of lithium along with a small 2kw Psw inverter.
I have extensive experience with solar setups in the RV community so I am interested in setting something up for the Subaru to power laptops, tablets, phones, a refrigerator, etc. (without needing to run the car) I would think some folks here have already done this type of setup but I can't seem to find any examples so I would appreciate any info on that or links to groups that have. Maybe this would be a better question for the Overland groups? At any rate, we're looking forward to learning more about the capabilities of this vehicle and learning from the group.
Peace

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Someone in the Ascent forums did, including with a Dometic fridge/freezer in the back. I plan on.

For cooking, I use a HotLogic Mini. I've cooked just about everything in it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts