Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before I switched to an AEM drop in filter I decided to see what the air fuel ratio was with the stock filter. Saw a low of 10.34 stock and 10.29 with AEM. Wondering if thats why people are seeing bad gas mileage.

·
Registered
685 Posts
So before I switched to an AEM drop in filter I decided to see what the air fuel ratio was with the stock filter. Saw a low of 10.34 stock and 10.29 with AEM. Wondering if thats why people are seeing bad gas mileage.
That's a really small difference, really small. Although, my AFRs are more 11.2-11.4 under throttle. It's a different engine. I don't know what the targets are for this motor. But .05 difference is very small.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah more deets yo!
That low under full throttle isn't a big deal most likely. Fuel mileage will always be poor under full throttle :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stock mass air flow was 227g's. Aem mass air flow 231g's

Do you recommend the AEM drop in or a K&N drop in or leave the stock air filter. As from the looks of it the AEM drop in is getting more air to the turbo from the readings off of the MAF sensor and I am sure it would get more air if the netting was not there in the air box.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you recommend the AEM drop in or a K&N drop in or leave the stock air filter. As from the looks of it the AEM drop in is getting more air to the turbo from the readings off of the MAF sensor and I am sure it would get more air if the netting was not there in the air box.
Its a only been like 2 days so its hard for me say. I would go with AEM because its a dry filter rather than the K&N oil. The stock filter looks very cheap honestly and id rather just leave me AEM in no matter what. I do agree removing that net might be beneficial

·
Registered
685 Posts
AEM is a better option IMPO as well for the same reason. AEM makes very respected products and there are countless successful busild on Subaru Motors with AEM. The SPT (Subaru) are a dry element as well. Which is also a good option I would guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.