Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had an issue with what looks like a foam seal or sound deadening material sticking out between their dashboard and window?

I found an image similar to what I am experiencing on the Forester board. Only difference is mine is split in half.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I believe that's the gasket material between the windshield and the car. Your dealers should see it. That's a real sloppy job. I wonder if that's the original windshield. I can't imagine the factory being that sloppy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That’s exactly what I am thinking it is! I really hope that is the original windshield because I was sold a new vehicle and will raise **** if that wasn’t the case. Bringing it in tomorrow to be replaced.

·
Registered
764 Posts
In my seven years I've probably seen a couple dozen brand new cars have this. The first time I took it down to my service department and they used a flat head screw driver to push it back down. I've done the same every time I've come across one and never had a single complaint afterwards.

·
Registered
118 Posts
In my seven years I've probably seen a couple dozen brand new cars have this. The first time I took it down to my service department and they used a flat head screw driver to push it back down. I've done the same every time I've come across one and never had a single complaint afterwards.

I kind of figured this would be the fix that would be performed.

Reactions: rockthebeef

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yeah this looks more like a scratch/vibration reducer that just sits between the windshield and the dash.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes from what’s Subaru has told me isn’t this is a vibration reducer. But nothing my case the reducer is ripped in a couple places so the dealership is going to take it in and completely pI’ll the dash and replace. On a brand new vehicle i expect everything to be correct so just pushing it back in with a flat head is unacceptable (until the warranty is out).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts