Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2021 Ascent Touring with the Thule Aero extended bars. Having trouble finding a batwing/270 degree awning that can be mounted on my rack. Anyone come up with a solution for this problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2020 and I've read on Prinsu that an Ascent with the panoramic sunroof doesn't allow for their rack to replace the factory rails. Which probably applies to other roof racks. I installed the Subaru roof crossbars and I'm also trying to figure out how to mount an awning to the factory rails.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
I just picked up my 2021 Ascent Touring with the Thule Aero extended bars. Having trouble finding a batwing/270 degree awning that can be mounted on my rack. Anyone come up with a solution for this problem?
Virtually all roof rails and racks listed as compatible with the Ascent, except Prinsu's roof mounted, should with all Ascents. Prinsu's, as noted, only works in Ascents with no moon roof.

For what it's worth, Sean at eTrailer says about the Rhino-Rack Batwing Awning:

The Rhino-Rack Batwing Awning - Roof Rack Mount - Bolt On - Passenger's Side - 118 Sq Ft is compatible with the Thule aero blade cross bars on your 2021 Subaru Ascent. You just want to be sure your cross bar spread is at least 27-1/2" to accommodate the batwings minimum mounting hardware spread. It has two brackets that have a small plate nut that get bolted to the bracket. The plate nut slides into the T-slow on your cross bars and tightened down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts