Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tap on the roof section especially over top the driver side and notice the lack of sound insulation in the roof and the thinness of the sheet metal?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have not but I do go through a pretty heavy duty auto car wash almost daily and have owned vehicles where the roof would ‘pop’ as I went through the dryers from the metal being bent in. I have not experienced that with any of my Subarus, including the Ascent.

Do you have the sun roof?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not but I do go through a pretty heavy duty auto car wash almost daily and have owned vehicles where the roof would ‘pop’ as I went through the dryers from the metal being bent in. I have not experienced that with any of my Subarus, including the Ascent.

Do you have the sun roof?
No I don't. I was up waxing the roof section and noticed the hollow sound and pop on some areas. I have a new Impreza also and the roof seems much more heavy duty in it's construction. I do have a sunroof in the Impreza

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.