Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys .

So I added roof lights . One on each corner of my roof - wired together to work off a single switch. I did under hood wiring and ran the switch. The only thing lift is to run the 2 wires from under the hood to connect them to the roof light wires.

Has anybody done this cleanly on the ascent ? I began to run them Under the car and am running into snags on keeping them clean , away from heated coolant lines , driveshafts , and suspension . As for now I stopped and just bundled them under the hood. I thought about running them up the A pillar along the windshield but I don’t think it will look good and it will inevitably bother me . Anybody have a solution they may have done ? Here’s some photos of the lights and switch . Thanks in advance !

Zach from VA

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know I’m replying to my own thread . But since the wires terminate in the taillight area from the roof, I think a viable option may to be to run the wires through the firewall , then under the trim along the doors to the trunk . Sounds like a PITA but I’m looking for a clean option . Thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
To really make it clean, run the wires under the headliner. Drill through the roof near the roof rack where it can hide the wires. Silicon where the wires come out to waterproof. Fair warning the headliner looks like it would not be fun to remove and replace.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I know I’m replying to my own thread . But since the wires terminate in the taillight area from the roof, I think a viable option may to be to run the wires through the firewall , then under the trim along the doors to the trunk . Sounds like a PITA but I’m looking for a clean option . Thoughts ?
I would go with this option. It was my initial thought reading this post.

Run the wire under the top gate to the basket.

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's how I ran the wires for my Outback I traded in for the Ascent. Marker lights on the plastic cladding behind the rear mudflap.

That's how I ran the wires for my Outback I traded in for the Ascent. Marker lights on the plastic cladding behind the rear mudflap.

IMG_20210120_160730044.jpg
IMG_1584170462254.jpg
Here's alot of pics of those lights

IMG_20210120_160730044.jpg
IMG_1584170462254.jpg

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Nice! I bought flexible strips to put in the wheel wells. Your idea looks easier.

·
Registered
102 Posts
View attachment 12565 View attachment 12565 View attachment 12566

1 - 13 of 13 Posts