Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my ascent (21 limited) doesn’t have the Harmon Kardon audio. It does however sound and feel entirely to good to believe it’s completely stock audio. I’ve read about a RF upgrade option to the stock set up. Im wondering if that’s what mine has? We bought it used with 6k miles. How do I check to see if it has the RF upgrade or not?

· Registered
2023 Limited pkg 23
1,262 Posts
I've experienced my 2019 with the standard audio and the RF upgrade. Now I have the HK in my '23. I can definitively say that the 3 levels are stepwise upgrades. Nothing compares to a quality aftermarket system, but it takes a lot of money and dedication to achieve truly great sound quality.

The standard system is fairly decent from the front row. The sound in the second row lacks bass and clarity, and the third row just gets spillover sound from the first two rows. The RF makes it sound vastly more powerful, punchier, and more clear from the front row only. The bass is actually pretty impressive up front, but the overall sound is still lacking in the other rows. The HK might possibly have a little bit less bass capability than the RF up front, but it sounds clear and balanced in all three rows - a great tradeoff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts