Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone attempted to remove the chrome strip from the rocker panels? I was hoping it would be removable like a badge by using fishing line. It appears to put on with some fasteners and not 3M tape.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Photograph

Hood Sleeve Automotive lighting Bumper Grey

·
Registered
561 Posts
Maybe plasti-dip in black?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe this has been discussed before. If I ever pull the trigger on an ascent, I will take those to my local vinyl shop that does clear bra for me and have them vinyl wrap them in black. I am still trying to figure out how to handle the door handles and mirror trim. I would prefer them in body color. Maybe I will have to order new ones and swap them or have a body shop color match them. Or, Maybe in a few year, the Smart Review Camera and Ventilated Seats will be available on a Limited and I won't need the touring. The Smart Review Camera is a big deal to me since I often have things loaded up in the back of my vehicle blocking the view when going to trade shows and training meetings.

I do feel that a quality vinyl wrap would be a better solution than the plasti-dip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've done several projects with plastidip, and this vehicle will not have any visible areas done with it. It will make it look cheap, in my view. I second the choice for vinyl since there are so many choices and textures that are far better suited for this vehicle.

My $0.02

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven’t been able to find any information on how to remove the chrome trim. I’m guessing it’s attached with screws from the inside of the door. I think I’ll try wrapping it with vinyl tape for now. Has anyone used this tape before? Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
If you figure out how to remove them I’d be willing to swap the non-chrome ones on my premium.
On the flip side, is there a part number for the chrome ones?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
Ouch. If that’s how expensive plastic parts are going to be I’d hate to see repair costs for a fender bender. Anyone wanna trade chrome for non-chrome?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.