Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Premium 7 Passenger / Previous car: Outback 2013 2.5l Manual transmission 170K
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we are in a 3500+ miles road trip and I am writing this review at 1000 miles into the trip. 2 adults 2 kids (6 and 11). Everybody love the comfort of the car and how smooth it is. Seriously, the rules are, I drive and my wife is the co-pilot. I told her that I felt bad because I was cheating. I have nothing to do but hold the steering wheel. I setup the cruise control in the morning and then the car drive pretty much by itself. I love it.
regarding the gas consumption, yesterday was 26/27mpg and today with front wind, it was 23mpg. Not bad. Anyway, also the packing was so much fun. No need to think about it. Just load up the car.
oh yes it is not a race car so everybody that mentioned the cvt and everything related to it, and that it is not powerful enough etc… didn’t buy the right car. I am a product development engineer in automotive and I am really impressed by this car. Very amazing. If you don’t like it, well, you will never like any family cars.

pictures somewhere in Kansas
Sky Ecoregion Plant Road surface Infrastructure

Wheel Car Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just got back from a 3000 mile trip from Gettysburg, PA to Seattle, WA (with a 2 day stop in Bend, OR).

My dad and I drove a 2010 subaru forester. Only put 3,000 miles on it in the previous 3 years. Then put over 3,000 miles on it just last week. We went through the middle route, Missouri, Wyoming, etc.

The forster was a really comfy travel car (seat comfort surprised me. Longest day was over 900 miles, no problem). I was imagining what I'd be like in an Ascent.

Zero problems with the car the whole way. We averaged about 24.5mpg with crossbars on the roof.

I hope you have a fantastic trip!

·
Registered
2022 Abyss Blue Pearl Onyx
243 Posts
oh yes it is not a race car so everybody that mentioned the cvt and everything related to it, and that it is not powerful enough etc… didn’t buy the right car. I am a product development engineer in automotive and I am really impressed by this car. Very amazing. If you don’t like it, well, you will never like any family cars.
Yeah I'm with you; I just don't see a lack of power. I find that when I hit the skinny pedal, it just goes with shocking enthusiasm for such a big vehicle. There is a hefty MPG penalty for accessing the higher bands of power, but it's a design trade-off. It's very well thought out for the design goals.

·
Registered
2022 Ascent Premium 7 Passenger / Previous car: Outback 2013 2.5l Manual transmission 170K
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Somewhere in Wyoming
Our view from lunch 😎
The Ascent has been such a pleasure to drive around. One complain after 2500+ miles. We have 19 cups holder and it seems that the bottle you have never fits into the cup holder you want 🤷🏽‍♂️
Cloud Sky Water Daytime Water resources

Water Sky Cloud Natural landscape Building

Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Ecoregion

·
Registered
75 Posts
Somewhere in Wyoming
Our view from lunch 😎
The Ascent has been such a pleasure to drive around. One complain after 2500+ miles. We have 19 cups holder and it seems that the bottle you have never fits into the cup holder you want 🤷🏽‍♂️
View attachment 17121
WOW!! Three people sitting and admiring the scenery with no electronic devices in use!! Congratulations!!

And it looks like a great trip-keep having fun.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOW!! Three people sitting and admiring the scenery with no electronic devices in use!! Congratulations!!

And it looks like a great trip-keep having fun.
We are at 3500 miles into our road trip and devices are only allowed at night. The boys really enjoyed the views and the different landscape. But let’s be real, they do drive us crazy sometime 🤓🤘🏼

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts