Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my touring less than 1 week now and loving it.
My question is the road speed limits showing on the dash. I know that there are times when they change and the system doesn't get the updates to post. My limits are showing darn near 65mph everywhere. I just turned in a Genesis and never had this issue. I have tried to research but cannot find out how, what when or where to update. Seems to be just a hiccup but I'd love to not get a ticket by relying on what's on the dash.
It is showing 65 in my development where I live. Yikes.
Any tips or help would be appreciated.
Ed

·
Registered
771 Posts
There've been complaints on the Facebook page, too.

It's a matter of whether or not the map includes the proper information: my bet is that if you informed TomTom, the change will eventually get pushed to the map that they give to Subaru, and then it is simply a matter of the map update coming to us from Subaru. The only thing is that without using TomTom Home, I'm not really sure how to push this information to them (TomTom).........

Some folks report issues while others, like me, have lucked out and have had pretty accurate information in the system.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was under the impression that eyesight cameras Ickes up speed limit signs but I guess that was an incorrect assumption. Mine are pretty dead on.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
I'll call Subaru support tomorrow. I'll also try to find a way to notify TomTom. Thanks!
You can update the routes via TomTom's sites, and then wait for the update to be available for the Ascent through Harman Kardan's site. Those links are on the Subaru Resources page on the Subaru website, as well as posted by me elsewhere in the forums.

But, before you call, try the new update that just came out. Go to Subaru-Maps.com and register, and download & install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts