Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my stock bushings are shot at like 20k something miles. Does anyone with long usage recommend the firmer bushings Chris makes - and which ones ?
Thanks
Andrew

·
Administrator
789 Posts
Huh?

Seems quite soon for bushings to fail. Which bushings are you referring to? And what are you driving on to have them possibly fail?

C.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I drive on roads where cars go. Referring to sway bar bushings on front - didn’t look at rear yet. They are shot - as a passenger it’s completely unbearable to drive in car. Yesterday when going on expressway my daughter screamed like she was on a roller coaster because of the sway.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hard to believe anyone else's bushings would be any different than yours at this point. "Your daughter screamed like she was on a roller coaster because of the sway " seems a little over the top.. no insult intended. My kid wouldn't notice if the wheels fell off... lol Someone must build some nice after market bushings... I would think. From the pics I would guess that a dealer would deem them normal.

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, if anyone can review the bushings the guy sells then it’s worth reading.
Looking for reviews only not your comments about stuff that you don’t know. That’s right you don’t know what you don’t know.
You must be a car dealer then if they “look good to you”. Over the top? I’m looking for reviews about a sway bar bushing go bother someone else with your trivial garbage.

·
Administrator
10,986 Posts
Hello, if anyone can review the bushings the guy sells then it’s worth reading.
Looking for reviews only not your comments about stuff that you don’t know. That’s right you don’t know what you don’t know.
You must be a car dealer then if they “look good to you”. Over the top? I’m looking for reviews about a sway bar bushing go bother someone else with your trivial garbage.
Can you take a pic of the bushings when the wheels are on the ground and the suspension is loaded with weight?

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello the pics of left and right front are a few posts above. the wheels are on the ground and the car weighs all it’s weight. Those are not picks of a car lifted or on a jack it’s sitting on the ground. Thanks

·
Administrator
789 Posts
I agree with @ratbag's assessment too...

Bushings look totally fine, imo. If you are finding your vehicle as more body roll than you'd like, or expect. It is a SUV remember.

A larger rear sway bar would help too... Unfortunately there isn't much out there yet...

If you really want to look at changing out the bushings, give this a look over.

Rallitek has bushings... Subaru Suspension Bushings | RalliTEK.com

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats way too soon for bushings to wear out but regardless, I would hold out as long as possible if I were you as the aftermarket will surely have options available for not just bushings but larger diameter bars. If you really want to see an improvement in body roll-control without making massive changes then larger swayers will be the ticket, once they are available.

Reactions: HeyChris

·
Banned
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi if I could get any other reviews that would be great.
The problem for those who don’t understand is not really the sway bar- it’s a totally incorrectly designed suspension. The springs and shocks are insufficient and I really don’t feel like changing them in a new car, but as long as I have to be an occasional passenger, I need to make the ride a little more bearable.
Thanks
Andrew

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.