Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know lighting has been discussed a bunch and I've used the led guide already in helping make a decision on most my led lighting upgrades, but struggling with the reverse lights.

Diode dynamics is at $90 for reverse lights, the Lasfit lights (very similar design) is about $25. I know there were issues with the turn signals hyperflashing, but has anyone used them for reverse lights? Having a hard time tossing $90 on a set of reverse lights. I went with Diode for all my interior lights but much more palatable at $12 a pair. Thanks !

Super Moderator
These reverse lights from Amazon have been in mine since August 2018. I wouldn't say they're the brightest lights in the world but they do illuminate behind me well enough I can do over-the-shoulder checks when reversing at night. For the price I'd definitely buy them again if I needed to. Unlike turn signals, switching reverse lights to LED is simple plug-n-play.

Registered
I'm sort of picky with white LEDs so I have always been partial to VLEDS because they offer a 5000K color temperature. To my eyes they are as white as it gets without going into blue or yellow territory. For that reason I chose VLEDS for my licence plate lights, reverse lights, and cargo light. 6000K is a bit blue to me.

I have these and they make fantastic reverse lights in the Ascent.

I like warm white LEDs (3000K) in the interior, so I was able to choose more budget-friendly LEDs from Amazon.

Administrator
You know what you are getting with these...

Font Asphalt Event Magenta Flooring

Registered
2021 Ascent Premium w/ package 12
I put these in last week & so far, am totally pleased.
Like others, they may not be the brightest LEDs in the reverse lighting world,
however, they're WAY brighter than stock. and were $9.45 for the pair!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.