Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I searched, but didn't find anything. Sorry if I missed a post about this.

Yesterday (the day I picked up my Limited Ascent w/ package 23) the yellow guide lines showed up when I turned the steering wheel while the car was in reverse. Today, the lines no longer show up. I can't find anything in the manual or pamplets, and I searched every setting I could think of in the car. Does anyone know how I can get those lines to show back up?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Since I didn't get any responses, I went ahead and did a factory restore on the head unit. Lines came back (for now).
sorry, you must've changed it somewhere in the menu/sub-menu accidentally. Mine's not turned off so I can't help. :tango_face_surprise

·
Registered
225 Posts
Since I didn't get any responses, I went ahead and did a factory restore on the head unit. Lines came back (for now).
I saw your post and looked through every menu and searched the full PDF of the manual and didn't find a single reference to disabling those lines. I assumed your talking about the lines to show you your wheel turn arch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw your post and looked through every menu and searched the full PDF of the manual and didn't find a single reference to disabling those lines. I assumed your talking about the lines to show you your wheel turn arch.
Thanks. I did the same. It's been working fine since the factory reset. Let's hope it stays that way. If they disappear again, I'll update. In the meantime, any settings that get changed are one at a time, and I'm putting the car in reverse in between to make sure the lines are still there.

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
865 Posts
Just noticed that the backup guide lines no longer appear on mine. Not really sure when they disappeared but I haven't made any settings changes since taking delivery a year ago. Looked through every menu and didn't see anything obvious that makes this a user setting.

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Just noticed that the backup guide lines no longer appear on mine. Not really sure when they disappeared but I haven't made any settings changes since taking delivery a year ago. Looked through every menu and didn't see anything obvious that makes this a user setting.
It's a buried setting... I explain it and the other related settings here...

·
Super Moderator
2,225 Posts
Good video there. Especially the tip about aligning the red plus with your ball for towing.

I avoided placing it high in the dotted shading believing that the dots might be metallic and shield the RFID.
I’ve had my ez pass transponder mounted on the black dots just left of the rear view mirror mount since shortly after buying my Ascent. I’ve never missed a toll with it there… eyesight was more of my concern in the area but also no problems.

I’m a little curious why @Titanrx8’s lines would have disappeared. Did you have it in for service or anything recently?

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
865 Posts
I’m a little curious why @Titanrx8’s lines would have disappeared. Did you have it in for service or anything recently?
As I mentioned, I had no recollection of when they disappeared. Could have been when it was in for an oil change months ago. I've never accessed that menu before. I did use the hidden menu once in order to check the battery voltage because the car was sitting unused for a few weeks, but cancelled the hidden menu as soon as I saw the voltage was good.

I just checked and for some reason, the steering angle lines toggle was unchecked. So it's re-checked and the lines are back. I'll try to be more observant if there's another unexplained disappearance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts