Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im considering getting different tires for the ascent but I really dont want to keep the stocks as I really dont have no room for them. I usually dont not return my lease back and I usually try to get the next dealership to buy the car from me since I always look for a new car like 3 months before the car is due back. Lets say I do return the car back at the end, do I have to return the car back with the same exact tires or its not big deal as long as all the tires match?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I never ran into that issue before. I think as long as your tires are the same OEM size, standards(like speed, treadwear, and temperature rating), and have the same amount of tread remaining, you'll be ok. It would be crazy to make someone return a leased vehicle with the exact same tires it came with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't see how they would expect you to have the exact same tires, especially depending on the length of your lease. What are you looking at replacing them with?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see how they would expect you to have the exact same tires, especially depending on the length of your lease. What are you looking at replacing them with?
Looking at some of the all season performance or just better SUV tires. The tuesday had some bad weather and I noticed that tires were hydroplaning constantly over mild puddles. My WRX with summer tires were not great but didnt act like these tires. Has me nervous about snow. im at 33psi cold and hot around 35-36 according to car computer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had three different leases with SOA and they have never had a problem with different tires. Usually with leases if the tread is too worn down they will ask you to return your lease with new tires or they will "charge" you for having to put new ones on at the end of your lease. We have never gotten three years out of the stock tires so we have always returned ours with a different set.

I don't think they will let you return it with different rims but that is something that might be decided by the dealer you get yours from.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have had three different leases with SOA and they have never had a problem with different tires. Usually with leases if the tread is too worn down they will ask you to return your lease with new tires or they will "charge" you for having to put new ones on at the end of your lease. We have never gotten three years out of the stock tires so we have always returned ours with a different set.

I don't think they will let you return it with different rims but that is something that might be decided by the dealer you get yours from.
Ok cool thanx for the info. Im going to order a new set after I do so more research. I actually like 20inch rims so I think ill keep them even though they look like there might be really heavy compared to aftermarket ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts