Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much thought I am now looking for an Ascent Limited, in White/Black, with the 8p configuration and the upgrade package for the moonroof and HK audio.

Unfortunately I’m in between a bit of a time crunch on two sides, so I’d like your opinions on the course of action.

My car qualifies for the GTP only until the end of April, 2019. Then, it is disqualified based on time. While I do have VIP pricing access, I won’t be able to use it until late December this year - assuming the dealer requires the paperwork before initiating the order.

I have a child in a private daycare that will be graduating around June, 2019; I have an overlapping car payment from wife’s car until August 2020. My goal is to avoid payments until June 2019, at minimum. (I don’t want to dip into savings out of principle - financially it is doable, I just don’t want to)

I know that Chase (Subaru Motors Finance) does allow a 90 day deferment on well qualified buyers which I intend to take advantage of.

So the problem now becomes the issue of hitting the sweet spot where I order an Ascent after I can use VIP pricing, but get delivery before April 20 when I’m no longer GTP eligible.

Am I trying to force this deal too much?

I want to be out of my Outback before 8.75 years (that’s about December of 2019) or 105k Miles (closer to around Fall 2019) It appears that if I miss out on the GTP I would lose about 20% of the value of the car comparing the GTP to the kbb.com values.

·
Registered
217 Posts
After much thought I am now looking for an Ascent Limited, in White/Black, with the 8p configuration and the upgrade package for the moonroof and HK audio.

Unfortunately I’m in between a bit of a time crunch on two sides, so I’d like your opinions on the course of action.

My car qualifies for the GTP only until the end of April, 2019. Then, it is disqualified based on time. While I do have VIP pricing access, I won’t be able to use it until late December this year - assuming the dealer requires the paperwork before initiating the order.

I have a child in a private daycare that will be graduating around June, 2019; I have an overlapping car payment from wife’s car until August 2020. My goal is to avoid payments until June 2019, at minimum. (I don’t want to dip into savings out of principle - financially it is doable, I just don’t want to)

I know that Chase (Subaru Motors Finance) does allow a 90 day deferment on well qualified buyers which I intend to take advantage of.

So the problem now becomes the issue of hitting the sweet spot where I order an Ascent after I can use VIP pricing, but get delivery before April 20 when I’m no longer GTP eligible.

Am I trying to force this deal too much?

I want to be out of my Outback before 8.75 years (that’s about December of 2019) or 105k Miles (closer to around Fall 2019) It appears that if I miss out on the GTP I would lose about 20% of the value of the car comparing the GTP to the kbb.com values.
To add another variable for consideration: what do you expect will be the impact on cost of financing (interest rates) the longer you wait?

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jimmy D said:
To add another variable for consideration: what do you expect will be the impact on cost of financing (interest rates) the longer you wait?
My expectation is that rates will remain the same for a while at least. It’s a new car. I don’t mind the current rate. It has little impact on my decision as it is such a small amount over each month.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Orders at my dealership are coming in late October now. Just find a dealer that will honor pricing and make sure they call you when orders are arriving in November/December/January whatever you want. Keep on them and call a few times if you don't think they will remember to call.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Fed will probably move rates a few more times this year so I would not be surprised if auto rates don't move up again towards the end of the year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts