Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm kind of torn on the Touring trim. I don't know how I feel about the Java Brown. My ideal car would be White Exterior / Black Interior, like a Stormtrooper (Stormtrubaru) but to get the high tech features on the Touring like the Smart RVM or the Front Camera, and Ventilated Seats, I'm leaning towards the Touring. I just don't know how I feel about the two or three-tone interior.

I test-drove a Limited 7p, which I liked, but I'd like to see some in-depth pictures from the Tourings now that they're rolling out.

Specifically, the shots of the doors/dash/glove box/second row, please.

Thank you, very much!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've never been crazy about the Java interior for the Touring models. The white Ascent with the Touring java interior in person looks great in my opinion. Just enough chrome on the outside too. I think you'll like it once you see it.

Hi,

I'm kind of torn on the Touring trim. I don't know how I feel about the Java Brown. My ideal car would be White Exterior / Black Interior, like a Stormtrooper (Stormtrubaru) but to get the high tech features on the Touring like the Smart RVM or the Front Camera, and Ventilated Seats, I'm leaning towards the Touring. I just don't know how I feel about the two or three-tone interior.

I test-drove a Limited 7p, which I liked, but I'd like to see some in-depth pictures from the Tourings now that they're rolling out.

Specifically, the shots of the doors/dash/glove box/second row, please.

Thank you, very much!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Photos as requested. Let me know if you have any other specific shots you want to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
What I want to know is: do those "white"(I know they are called "warm ivory") accent pieces pop off so they can be replaced when dirty or when Subaru decides to wake up and change the color next year? If they are an integral part of the door card that would be a shame. It looks like they are removable from what few pictures I have seen.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What I want to know is: do those "white"(I know they are called "warm ivory") accent pieces pop off so they can be replaced when dirty or when Subaru decides to wake up and change the color next year? If they are an integral part of the door card that would be a shame. It looks like they are removable from what few pictures I have seen.
I wasn't so sure about the ivory pieces until I saw them in person, still not 100% in love with them but I figure worse case is I can always have those pieces recovered in a with a java brown to match the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My husband is calling my pre ordered touring the "Pooparu" because of the two shades of brown (ivory and brown seats), I wish there was a gray/black option, I have learned to like it, plus my kids dirty paw prints show up really well on my current black leather outback seats so maybe these will hide the dirt better...

·
Registered
411 Posts
I loved the Java! I wanted to order the Blue with the Java, but couldn't justify the cost for touring. So we ordered a Limited in White on black (see signature).

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does not have to be completely dark. Just wondering what the foot well and ascent lighting look like.
I'll wait till it gets darker here and take some photos then.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Color is so subjective and the ambient light is a major factor. Another thing to consider with a color scheme is how much heat is produced by the exterior paint and the interior upholstery. The color of the RV we bought last year was influenced by the previous one. In direct sunlight, the air conditioner could hardly keep up. In the winter it was a plus. Same can be said for the color of the car.

When we bought the 2014 Forester, the photos and the color plates in the brochure just does not tell the whole story. We had to hunt down the colors at various dealers and do it under overcast skies and in open sunlight. Not all colors seem to do well in both. The profile of the car seems to affect the overall esthetic when considering color. In shopping for a Subaru BRZ, the color I envisioned was not one of the choices. The Scion FRS and Toyota 86 paint choices did nothing for me. After seeing all the colors in various lighting conditions except Pure Red, I decided on Crystal Pearl White because for a low profile car, it would be visible in dim lighting conditions and in the open sunlight it sparkles. No decision until I saw it in red. I did see the Subaru WRX in Pure Red, but it is a four door sedan with a completely different profile. The closest Red BRZ was hundreds of miles away and for the longest time I could not find one. One day, I saw a red FRS driving along side of me, but the shade was not quite right, but the light made it close enough to where I could make a judgment. For me, any one color does not look the same on all cars. White it is and I am glad I was so picky.

If the Java Brown seats were available in 8 passenger version, I would jump on that like a dog on a bone. If you are having a real hard time with color and it is something that is important to you, take the time to see the car in person and walk around it to see how it catches the light. I did get to see the Blue Ascent that I ordered for a few minutes before letting someone else buy it. In person, it is not the same car as what you see in pictures. Some years ago I had my house painted and did a color change. When the paint dried and I stepped out on the street to look at the house, it was not the color I chose. Holding the paint chips against the body of the house I could see that it was a match. It would be so much easier if all the colors were available on the dealer's lot. But, if you order sight unseen, there is the risk that you may not completely happy with what you get.

And the lights in the foot well: I don't understand why, but it was part of the package on my BRZ. It is the blue light and I guess it serves some purpose, but what I do notice is that if I am wearing white shoes, light reflects up into my eyes and on an unlit road, that is a bit of a distraction. Your eyes at night will be more sensitive to even dim lights from extraneous sources. Seating position in the BRZ is such that my legs are straight out putting my feet and the pedals within sightline. I think there are other color choices, maybe red or amber would be better for night vision.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I could have gotten an Abyss Blue Touring today but I wasn’t in love with the blue either. It’s the one they’re holding to trade for the Cinnamon Brown Pearl Touring they’re getting for me from another dealership that hasn’t arrived yet. Long story short the waiting continues.

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
Footwell lighting is blue, and very much like on previous Subarus. There is one tungsten/warm white bulb on the far left of the drivers side though.

Accent lighting in the center console cup holders is blue.

The center console puddle light is blue as in previous models.

The center storage area light (under the nav unit) and all the accent lights on all four doors, door downlights, and on both drivers and passengers doors are warn white. I have a very crappy video on FB if anyone wants to see it. Tomorrow (or more likely Thursday), I will do some good night photography.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Footwell lighting is blue, and very much like on previous Subarus. There is one tungsten/warm white bulb on the far left of the drivers side though.

Accent lighting in the center console cup holders is blue.

The center console puddle light is blue as in previous models.

The center storage area light (under the nav unit) and all the accent lights on all four doors, door downlights, and on both drivers and passengers doors are warn white. I have a very crappy video on FB if anyone wants to see it. Tomorrow (or more likely Thursday), I will do some good night photography.

@Robert.Mauro Always up for a crappy FB video the night before a holiday LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ivary doesn’t work for family with small kids. So for us, only black or java are the options. We test drove the ivary and kids footprints got imprinted on backseat in 5 mins time that they were in the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
We saw a Touring at our auto show in January, and that turned us off to the java brown. Right before my Ascent Limited (black leather) came in, I had second thoughts about the features I was missing out on from the touring. Now that I have my Limited, I have no regrets. I do wish we had ventilated seats because so far the A/C isn't blowing as cold as we're used to and those black seats take a while to cool off. We had cooled front seats in our last Explorer, and rarely used it, but those seats didn't hold heat like the Ascent does.

·
Administrator
10,411 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts