Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc.

We appreciate your order of a 2019 Ascent.

We would be glad to send you a Subaru gift, once you take delivery of your new Ascent, and it shows as "sold" in our system.

Please let me know when you take delivery, so that I can request the gift for you at that time.

Thanks for the opportunity to be of assistance.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm confused, are you saying they are giving you a gift for buying their car? Is there more to the story?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Here is the reply I received:

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc.

We appreciate your order of a 2019 Ascent.

We would be glad to send you a Subaru gift, once you take delivery of your new Ascent, and it shows as "sold" in our system.

Please let me know when you take delivery, so that I can request the gift for you at that time.

Thanks for the opportunity to be of assistance.
I wish we had the laughing/crying emoji so I could post it here. I'm surprised that they would tell you that you'll get a gift AFTER you take delivery of the Ascent, since a lot of us have received random gifts, but maybe now that they're rolling them out, they've slowed down on sending them out.

It never hurts to ask :)

Reactions: kathytn

·
Registered
932 Posts
That's awesome. I would have a multitude of uses for this, since I'm dragging the Dyson DC10 I have out now to the car and back.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Several people mentioned that they received the Dyson Cordless Vac. The only "random" gift I received was the Ascent tote. That came a few weeks after I placed the order.

I don't mind waiting until I show up as having taken possession - I just want one!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Several people mentioned that they received the Dyson Cordless Vac. The only "random" gift I received was the Ascent tote. That came a few weeks after I placed the order.

I don't mind waiting until I show up as having taken possession - I just want one!!!!!!
I am one of those people that randomly received a Dyson Cordless Vacuum. I did not receive the Ascent tote. Some people got the Ascent tote, some got the Dyson vacuum, others got a bluetooth speaker, and others got other items (there was a thread at one point). I don't think everyone gets the same gifts and they're definitely sent randomly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am one of those people that randomly received a Dyson Cordless Vacuum. I did not receive the Ascent tote. Some people got the Ascent tote, some got the Dyson vacuum, others got a bluetooth speaker, and others got other items (there was a thread at one point). I don't think everyone gets the same gifts and they're definitely sent randomly.

We actually received 4 random gifts before we picked up our Ascent 1st was the Tote, 2nd was the Dyson Cordless vacuum, 3rd Was a car wash kit with Subaru logos along with 2 hats, 4th the Bluetooth speaker.

Could just be a coincident that we talked to SoA 3 times after receiving the tote, once about the 500 loyalty coupon, 4 days latter the Dyson was here with a hand written note from the rep we talked to, then called them 2 more times about delivery ETA's and a few days after each of those calls a gift arrived.

·
Registered
69 Posts
We actually received 4 random gifts before we picked up our Ascent 1st was the Tote, 2nd was the Dyson Cordless vacuum, 3rd Was a car wash kit with Subaru logos along with 2 hats, 4th the Bluetooth speaker.

Could just be a coincident that we talked to SoA 3 times after receiving the tote, once about the 500 loyalty coupon, 4 days latter the Dyson was here with a hand written note from the rep we talked to, then called them 2 more times about delivery ETA's and a few days after each of those calls a gift arrived.
Guess who will be calling SOA to check on my car 40 times? :tango_face_wink: But seriously to those who have called to check on ETA, how long should I wait before I start calling? Just ordered 3 days ago and have a current ETA of September. I was planning on late August but wasn't sure if that was too early.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Just wanted to say that greediness often negates generosity.

I would hate to see SOA stop sending gifts at all because they just get fed up of people nagging them for items they didn't get.

While I'd love a Dyson as well, I'm grateful I received something at all as well as the thank you note. So if something else shows up, awesome...if not, it's okay.

Not calling anyone out, but do think we need to be a bit more humble with our free gift(s). :)

Reactions: imalittle1
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.