Subaru Ascent Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
It appears like water got in-between the two pieces of glass and ran down. Not sure how that would happen though. The other pictures of the side windows definitely look like moisture has gotten in-between the two pieces. It looks like a sealed window that the seal broke and is allowing moisture inside. Good luck!
Streak like patterns
Did you scrub the inside, by any chance? Remember to not spray anything directly on the glass, but spray on a cloth and wipe with that so you don't accidentally get overspray on the Eyesight cams. I did have something similar on my rear glass, and it was from condensation running down the inside.

Robert, mine was original glass that was bad! Replacement glass was good.

...Looked like millions of sparkles.
That sucks... :( I've seen the millions of dots issues - perhaps it the same. Just haven't seen streaks before. That's a new one for me. But that's why I follow all these threads. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got a call from SOA rep today. They agreed to replace the windshield. Seems like this issue with defective windshields been reported already.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No that was not the name. I believe it was Kris Drechsel
Got a call from SOA rep today. They agreed to replace the windshield. The rep asked whether they wanted to replace the side window glass as well. Just like your situation. I don't see it on my side windows.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It appears like water got in-between the two pieces of glass and ran down. Not sure how that would happen though. The other pictures of the side windows definitely look like moisture has gotten in-between the two pieces. It looks like a sealed window that the seal broke and is allowing moisture inside. Good luck!
Getting it replaced.

·
Administrator
7,788 Posts
Getting it replaced.
Can you please post the glass manufacturer name? It's stamped on either the driver's or passenger's side of the glass.

·
Banned
4 Posts
I think it is a production fault. There is a glue layer between 2 glass. After sticking togeter, it might be a curing process problem. İt might be no release gas ingredients of glue.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts