1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
124 Posts
Durability varies based on where the car sits. My understanding though is that it will last at least 5+ years if not taken care of properly. They have specific cleaners and sprays you can use on it to give it longer life.

It does not effect door unlock/lock functionality. That was also one of my concerns when getting it applied.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Durability varies based on where the car sits. My understanding though is that it will last at least 5+ years if not taken care of properly. They have specific cleaners and sprays you can use on it to give it longer life.

It does not effect door unlock/lock functionality. That was also one of my concerns when getting it applied.
Thanks for the reply. Interesting thought, but I think I'll go with the factory handle covers for color match and durability.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Looks like this will cost you around $400. You might find a body shop willing to paint them for less. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Not trying to be a smart alec, just thinking ahead... if you change out the door handles, will the mirrors then be a bother?
F.S.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Ascent Limited 2010 Subaru Legacy GT limited
645 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Interesting thought, but I think I'll go with the factory handle covers for color match and durability.
If you end up doing this and would like to sell the chrome handles I would be interested in them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife and I just bought a magnetite grey Touring yesterday (3rd Subaru - 2016 3.6R Outback and 2015 Crosstrek). Love the car but don't like the chrome door handles. Would prefer to swap them with body color covers. Anyone know of a PDF that shows removal/installation? Any idea about difficulty? I found the parts here:

Hi, curious if you ever got your door handles replaced or if you just got them wrapped. I'm not a fan of the chrome either and was debating on those two options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts