Subaru Ascent Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd like to revive this thread and see if anybody has actually gone forward with removing the second row seats.

I ordered a limited with a second row bench (haven't received it yet) and I am toying with the idea of removing the second row. I have three big dogs. Without the second row, it would be much easier for them to get in and out, they would have plenty of room, and, if we needed to haul some people, we could just flip up the third row. This sounds like a perfect setup for our dogs.

Heck, maybe we would leave the 3rd row up and cover it with a blanket. Then our luggage could rest behind that and be prevented from falling forward onto the dogs.
I know this thread is old, but we just got a 2019 limited. Very easy to remove the bolts and take the seat out. Drove it around town and on freeway with no alarms or errors on the system. I think the power hookup is for the rear seat warmers only.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the captains chairs are easily removed? It is only my wife and myself using the Ascent and I feel it would greatly increase cargo area to go camping. The weight reduction would help on fuel consumption. We would still have a vehicle that seats five. As I have not seen the vehicle in person, how is it finished under these seats? In my previous Jeep Wrangler the second seat was very easy to remove. Any idea of weight of the chairs? By removing them I would have a little more cushion on towing GCVWR.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Ascent Touring
205 Posts
I'mfortunate enough to have the rear view mirror cam, which helps when I pack to the ceiling, but...
Totally off the thread topic, but, you've used the mirror cam while driving?

I tried it once in local traffic and the first car that stopped behind me at a traffic light scared the heck out of me. Depth perception is so different than the mirror view, it looked like we were about to be rear-ended.

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts

I tried it once in local traffic and the first car that stopped behind me at a traffic light scared the heck out of me. Depth perception is so different than the mirror view, it looked like we were about to be rear-ended.
It may be problematic for those who have a different vision prescription at the mirror distance vs long distance.

I'm used to using screens, so, I never really noticed, but, now that you mention it, yes, depth perception is like watching a movie as opposed to IRL with ocular cues based on focus and eye angle.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,985 Posts

I use it 100% of the time. I much prefer it to the regular mirror. But yes, it does take getting used to, especially when you put the vehicle in reverse and accidentally look at it rather than the back-up camera image. :) :D

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
I use it 100% of the time. I much prefer it to the regular mirror. But yes, it does take getting used to, especially when you put the vehicle in reverse and accidentally look at it rather than the back-up camera image. :) :D
Or checking your reflection.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
1,985 Posts
Reactions: Robert.Mauro

·
Super Moderator
7,403 Posts
LOL...good point. I resemble that remark...
Me too... go to check my hair or straighten my glasses before I leave the car and... OMG, I'm a vampire!!! Oh, wait, the mirror is in camera mode. :ROFLMAO:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts