Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove radio presets? I do not subscribe (and never will) to SiriusXM. During the preview period, I had some Sirius stations saved as presets. With the previous versions of the radio software, those presets would be avoided when I used the steering wheel buttons to jump between preset stations when the subscription was out. Oddly enough, the presets would magically come back into rotation when Sirius was running a promotion and providing free access.

The newer software does not have the same skip the unsubscribed stations, so I have to cycle through multiple Sirius Previews stations to get back to my presets.

I cannot figure out how to return a preset to HOLD.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seems like you should be able to overwrite the old presets with radio channels by just selecting a frequency and then pressing and holding the preset button of choice. I know I've done that with the non-Sirius stations.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
Sorry for the bad news. The Harman Kardon units across the entire line have no way of doing it. The suggested workarounds are as follows:
  1. Put other stations there (be careful to not create duplicates) as mentioned above.

or
  2. Enter the "secret" menu by holding the tune button and then tapping the home button twice. Then select reset.

or
  3. Delete the driver profile in question, and then recreate it, and re-add the presets you want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the bad news. The Harman Kardon units across the entire line have no way of doing it. The suggested workarounds are as follows:
  1. Put other stations there (be careful to not create duplicates) as mentioned above.

or
  2. Enter the "secret" menu by holding the tune button and then tapping the home button twice. Then select reset.

or
  3. Delete the driver profile in question, and then recreate it, and re-add the presets you want.
Followed step 2, but did not find a RESET selection choice, so was unable to do a reset.

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
There's more than one secret menu, and you're basically restoring the head unit. At this point in time, I would not do that, because there's been too many changes and improvements to the firmware.

I'd simply move up stations into ones you don't want, and then set any unused stations to XM 0.

This is a problem I ran into as well when I stopped listening to a station. So, in more detail, let's presume I don't want preset 3 and I have 6 presets...
  1. Press preset 4
  2. Press and hold preset 3 until it remembers preset 4's station
  3. Press preset 5
  4. Press and hold preset 4 until it remembers preset 5's station
  5. Press preset 6
  6. Press and hold preset 5 until it remembers preset 6's station
  7. Tune to XM Station 0.
  8. Press and hold preset 6 to "erase" its preset by setting it to the no-sound XM station 0

1 - 6 of 6 Posts