Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
…..still shaking my head "no-way" in disbelief.

Experimented with the crazy idea of setting up my computer and cellphone
to remotely start up the Ascent on the driveway.

OMG it worked ! Already have remote for 2018 Outback...the normal
kind carried on keychain...but THIS is even better !

Included setting up temperatures, and other stuff I will follow up on
LOVE this Subie.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yeah. And you can do it from across the country...as long as the vehicle is AT&T cell range and your device has internet connectivity.

·
Registered
377 Posts
…..still shaking my head "no-way" in disbelief.

Experimented with the crazy idea of setting up my computer and cellphone
to remotely start up the Ascent on the driveway.

OMG it worked ! Already have remote for 2018 Outback...the normal
kind carried on keychain...but THIS is even better !

Included setting up temperatures, and other stuff I will follow up on
LOVE this Subie.
We live in the Midwest, my kid's Forester is tied to my email so I always get a remote start notice 5 minutes before class ends during the winter.

There are shortcuts for remote start and unlock for smart phones. Came across how to make short cut on Android for remote...

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
Im still hoping they’ll add Siri or even hey google functionality eventually. Wouldn’t it be nice to say “hey Siri (google) start my car”

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
FWIW: One time I tried to remote start my Ascent and it didn't do it. Seems it won't start if the yellow low fuel warning has come on.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
...still too oblique for my simple mind.

The only time I ran out of gas was on a lonely dark road with a really cute girl on a first date set up by my mother (I know.). It was totally unintentional...and the our last date. We started walking and a police car happened by and took us to a station to get a gas can. That was before low fuel level idiot lights (appropriately named).

Cut to the chase: You have about 60 miles of range when that light comes on, so no need to panic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, long time listener, first time poster. The issue with that is there is a simple signal to the CAN bus that says if there is low fuel or not. There could be zero gallons left or it just came on. The ECU basically says "If light on, don't do it."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts