Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
…..still shaking my head "no-way" in disbelief.

Experimented with the crazy idea of setting up my computer and cellphone
to remotely start up the Ascent on the driveway.

OMG it worked ! Already have remote for 2018 Outback...the normal
kind carried on keychain...but THIS is even better !

Included setting up temperatures, and other stuff I will follow up on
LOVE this Subie.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yeah. And you can do it from across the country...as long as the vehicle is AT&T cell range and your device has internet connectivity.

·
Registered
313 Posts
…..still shaking my head "no-way" in disbelief.

Experimented with the crazy idea of setting up my computer and cellphone
to remotely start up the Ascent on the driveway.

OMG it worked ! Already have remote for 2018 Outback...the normal
kind carried on keychain...but THIS is even better !

Included setting up temperatures, and other stuff I will follow up on
LOVE this Subie.
We live in the Midwest, my kid's Forester is tied to my email so I always get a remote start notice 5 minutes before class ends during the winter.

There are shortcuts for remote start and unlock for smart phones. Came across how to make short cut on Android for remote...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Im still hoping they’ll add Siri or even hey google functionality eventually. Wouldn’t it be nice to say “hey Siri (google) start my car”

·
Registered
712 Posts
FWIW: One time I tried to remote start my Ascent and it didn't do it. Seems it won't start if the yellow low fuel warning has come on.

·
Registered
712 Posts
...still too oblique for my simple mind.

The only time I ran out of gas was on a lonely dark road with a really cute girl on a first date set up by my mother (I know.). It was totally unintentional...and the our last date. We started walking and a police car happened by and took us to a station to get a gas can. That was before low fuel level idiot lights (appropriately named).

Cut to the chase: You have about 60 miles of range when that light comes on, so no need to panic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts