Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got an Ascent Limited 2020 (Canadian).
It didn’t came with remote start or STARLINK so I’m looking for a third party remote.

is there any that would allow to control temperature, Windows and sunroof as well?

for example, before going to bed to send a command to close all windows /sunroof.
In the morning, start the car and open windows and/or adjust temperature?

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,839 Posts
Even StarLink via the MySubaru app for US owners doesn't support anything to do with the windows other than defrost. The fob-based remote start only, um...remote starts. I've not heard of any third party option that gets into vehicle controls, but then again, I've never looked.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premier
46 Posts
I got the Subaru OEM remote start installed at the dealership here in Toronto. It ads a second fob to the keychain, but has a huge range. It does not control windows, but start the climate control with the car. AC in summer and heating on winter

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
It does not control windows, but start the climate control with the car. AC in summer and heating on winter
Yes, the HVAC system will come on at the setting it's already, well...set to...when you previously shut down the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yeah. No remote control of the windows. My previous vehicle had a button press combo on the remote which would open all windows and the sun roof, which was nice on a hot day.

Why not get the MySubaru app (AKA Starlink) and service for $75 for three years? It's got a lot of good features. The only major limitation is the Ascent needs to be in AT&T cell coverage for it to work. Your phone or computer needs to have internet connectivity.

I think you can sign up on-line at www.mysubaru.com.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Yeah. No remote control of the windows. My previous vehicle had a button press combo on the remote which would open all windows and the sun roof, which was nice on a hot day.

Why not get the MySubaru app (AKA Starlink) and service for $75 for three years? It's got a lot of good features. The only major limitation is the Ascent needs to be in AT&T cell coverage for it to work. Your phone or computer needs to have internet connectivity.

I thought I read that this was not an option in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
Why not get the MySubaru app (AKA Starlink) and service for $75 for three years? I
Not available to our northern neighbors...no ATT wireless services up there which is at the core of the StarLink system.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Doe

Does not work in Canada :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts