Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello-

First post.. We've had our Ascent (push button start) for a couple months, and with the weather turning, starting to use the remote start on the My Subaru app.

Does anyone know of any way to disable the horn chirp when remote starting? My wife leaves at 4:30am, and we can't seem to find a way to disable the horn chirps when it starts.

Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
166 Posts
I really don't believe mine chirps the horn when using the app to remote start my Ascent. I will check and see if I have something switched somewhere.

Is the car locked when she sends the remote start command through the app? Maybe the app automatically locks the car first hence a horn chirp?

I will try different things to see if I can reproduce what you are experiencing.

·
Administrator
11,126 Posts
We've had our Ascent (push button start) for a couple months, and with the weather turning, starting to use the remote start on the My Subaru app.

Does anyone know of any way to disable the horn chirp when remote starting? My wife leaves at 4:30am, and we can't seem to find a way to disable the horn chirps when it starts.
Has anybody been successful at disabling the remote start honking? Or is this just a safety feature that cannot be disabled?
Sorry, just catching up on the forum. I haven't tried this, but, there is a setting to disable horn beeps for locking and unlocking. At least one of the beeps pertains to the car being locked. Remote start attempts either by FOB or by app start with locking the door.

You will find the settings in the head unit, in Settings->Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts