Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I have faced this issue couple of times.
I remote started my Ascent then in few minutes unlocked my car, got in and tried to get out of park and into drive but car refused to get out of park. So I turned off the car then back on. Then i was able to put it in drive and all was well.
Same thing happened again today but this time I was not able to turn off the car. I had to use app to remote stop the car then start back on.

It seems like when I remote start my car using app my key fob is undetected for some reason until I turn of the car and back on.

Anyone has this issue and know how to fix it?

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Hi,

I remote started my Ascent then in few minutes unlocked my car, got in and tried to get out of park and into drive but car refused to get out of park. So I turned off the car then back on. Then i was able to put it in drive and all was well.
Same thing happened again today but this time I was not able to turn off the car. I had to use app to remote stop the car then start back on.

It seems like when I remote start my car using app my key fob is undetected for some reason until I turn of the car and back on.

Not a clue. My remote app has worked fine with no problems getting out of park and into drive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi,

You have to hit the ignition button. That simple.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
^^^^ yes, you have to hit the start button with the fob present. I think you also have to put your foot on the brake pedal, as you would starting it normally. I do but I don't know if that's required.

edit: Checked it and yes, I had to depress the brake pedal while pressing the start button.

FWIW, my previous remote start car would shut off the moment the door was unlocked and I'd have to start it again with foot on the brake and pressing the button.

·
Administrator
10,948 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts