Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone run into this?..

We placed an order at our dealer here in San Jose CA and they said that the Remote Start and the THULE rack in the options booklet were NOT available yet???

·
Administrator
10,446 Posts

We placed an order at our dealer here in San Jose CA and they said that the Remote Start and the THULE rack in the options booklet were NOT available yet???
The extended crossbars are not yet available, last time Jason checked. They're added to my order by part number, but that doesn't mean they're available to the dealers yet. They can be bought through Subaru Parts Online.

Remote start is a dealer installed option on the Touring, IIRC, and it's on my order. I've not heard of delays in that, but my car isn't yet at SDC port, much less at the dealer, so, there isn't a rush for the requisite parts yet.

·
Registered
965 Posts

Regular aero crossbars ARE available now, and can be added to factory orders. We've got half a dozen on their way to our parts department, since I've had orders where the customer could NOT get them when I placed the order originally, and some of those cars will probably be here this week.

Remote start is not a factory add, as Subaru changed that due to the pricing for the Starlink Safety & Security package. It will still be available as a dealer add, and once again, my parts department has ordered some of them, as this was something many of my customers ordered and Subaru changed things on us.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The problem i have is that when i hear “Dealer Addon” i see $$$ in labor costs. I just purchased an Outback and they gave me $15% off retail on parts and then proceeded to charge me $$$$ for instalation that would have been included in a factory build.

So, for example, i asked about the Remote Start for the Outback and they wanted $600 to install. The little security module to expand ability was aslo $$$ in labor for a little module to plugin.

Also, you have to make sure dealer knows how to add the parts to the purchase or they are not covered by the 3yr 36K factory warrenty. They screwed up with the Wheel Moldings and Side Body Molding i added and this they would have to redo the paper work, but i agreed that these are not critical and could live with the 1yr 12k. If i ordered the Remote Start i would have had them rewrite it....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts