Subaru Ascent Forum banner
341 - 348 of 348 Posts
Yea, pretty much all of our gas is purchased from Costco here, too...20-30 cents lower than anywhere else.
How long is the wait there? I drove by our Costco (not a member myself anymore) and the line was wrapped around the block to save 20¢/gal. My time is more valuable than that

Last weekend was interesting as there was about a 5-8 minute wait...simply because Costco's price for 87 was at $2.69 and everywhere else was closing in on three bucks. No lines wrapping around blocks, however...it was all queues at the pumps and maybe 8 vehicles deep in each line. My "fill up the tank you darn fool" light was on, so I didn't mind the wait...which is much better than running out along the road somewhere in a rural area. LOL

Reactions: Joe Mama
Last weekend was interesting as there was about a 5-8 minute wait...simply because Costco's price for 87 was at $2.69 and everywhere else was closing in on three bucks. No lines wrapping around blocks, however...it was all queues at the pumps and maybe 8 vehicles deep in each line. My "fill up the tank you darn fool" light was on, so I didn't mind the wait...which is much better than running out along the road somewhere in a rural area. LOL
I have noticed an increase in folks who somehow "can't find" their membership card and need "assistance" at the pump. This slows things down a bit. Then the attendant swipes their own membership card to move the line along. :unsure:

We have a Costco membership but rarely buy gas there. Other stations' prices are usually pretty competitive. There's usually no wait at the Costco pumps around us -- demonstrating that prices are pretty competitive elsewhere. I won't wait in a line for 6 cents a gallon. I think it depends a lot on the tax structure of your specific area. Case in point:

We have a Costco membership but rarely buy gas there. Other stations' prices are usually pretty competitive. There's usually no wait at the Costco pumps around us -- demonstrating that prices are pretty competitive elsewhere. I won't wait in a line for 6 cents a gallon. I think it depends a lot on the tax structure of your specific area. Case in point:

View attachment 11367
Over $.20/gal lower for Costco, BJ's, Sam's vs non-member ship around here. It was over .30 difference when I filled up 3 days ago.

Everyone should be very happy that the FA24 doesn't require Premium fuel, as the prices for 91+ octane seem to vary even more. Using GasBuddy is almost a necessity to avoid over paying by large amounts in that case. Case in point: per GasBuddy, the current price spread in my area for Regular fuel is 30 cents, but Premium is 60 cents. Premium prices also tend to not get reported as often, so sometimes you pull up to a pump and Premium can cost over a dollar per gallon more than Regular.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro
341 - 348 of 348 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.