Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Regular or Premium

144K views 347 replies 81 participants last post by  hokiefyd 
I know people are logging boost and AFR readings.

Is anyone logging timing, fine leaning knock correction, or feedback knock correction? AFR just tells you whether you are rich or lean at the sensor. It doesn't tell you what the car is doing to stay there under varied load conditions. I understand the 2.4DIT is a different motor than my 2.5HTs. However, when I bought both of theses cars used, both of these cars were pinging like crazy. On premium gas, USDM pump gas. I had FLK and FDKC numbers past the -5s. Until someone actually starts real, complete data logging and starts posting logs for view ... this is all speculation. I had my cars hooked up to dealer diagnostics back before I learned to do it myself. Both times I was told my car was fine, to drive it and be happy.

So.....

No-one has yet logged their vehicle with full tanks of each fuel, correct? As in the manner described by traildogck ?

* emphasis added

No-one has put their vehicle on a dyno, either, right?

There was a dyno run on a Mustang Dyno, I believe? And I think the HP and torque showed more than stock numbers for power and torque, but I don't know what else they were looking at. (I also know the guy than ran down the 1/4 miles showed reasonable HP considering environmental and parasitic loss.

Anyone even got a wideband on this thing, yet?

Not that am aware, I don't think anyone is tuning yet. Either adding a WB via a new bung ... OR ... replacing the stock downstream requires real work vs just guessing. The interweb is about information, mis-information, bad information, good information. Good information usually come form people doing the ^^^ above work.
My 2005-2006 OBXTs are my very 1st cars to have a DBW thottle, all 000s and 111s driving that motor. These cars have taught me the value of data. Until we see real data, the rest is just opinion.

^ It's good to see you here, traildogck. A familiar voice/face makes a place feel like home. :)

Back at you, I saw the notification, saw the username ... as said to myself ... hey, that looks familiar.

It turns out that Subaru has so much cross-pollination, my CKE SSP product offings have expanded an now pretty much include all modern models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.