Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Regular or Premium

144K views 347 replies 81 participants last post by  hokiefyd 
#1 ·
I wanted to find what type of gas is recommended in Subaru? I am coming from the last 4 cars going back to 2010 that required Premium gas. I am hoping to finally get into a car that uses regular

Discussion starter · #5 ·
While I agree I still wonder if there is any difference between regular and premium. The Mazda CX9 shows different power numbers depending on the fuel and I wonder if the Ascent would do the same thing.

Tired of paying probably close to 30 dollars a month more for gas. I'd rather roll that savings into the car payment or something.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
You're going to see the same thing that we have on the Turbo in the Forester.

You can run 87 Octane in it, the engine is designed to run on it. For maximum performance, run Premium.
Thank you. I am not a speedster anymore. To hard to drive really fast on Long Island without having to worry about an accident or cops and the north shore is so over populated and full of traffic lights. I generally drive to and from work, sometimes to NYC, and a lot of of driving to Montauk, or Orient Point to fish.

As long as it doesn't say Premium required I am good.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
From Subaru today
The Ascent will require regular unleaded fuel with an octane rating of 87 AKI or higher.

Sincerely,

John J.
Subaru of America, Inc.
Customer/Retailer Services Department
1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)
Service Request Number: 1-30058186560
That is huge news. Gas prices are out of control atm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.