Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to jump start my vehicle the other night and I might have forgotten to put the red snap on cover that goes on the positive terminal. Does anybody know where I can buy it? Should I just replace it or is there a better alternative?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
366 Posts
Have you inspected the engine bay? One time mine had fallen down after the tech had forgot to reattach it after a service, but I was able to retrieve it when I got home.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you actually forgot to snap it back on and need a new one, here it is.

Upon further investigation, that doesn't seem to be what I am looking for. I just need the red plastic piece that snaps over the terminal. Not the boot terminal itself. Here is a better picture of the part number you sent: Cable Ends. 2020 Subaru Ascent Premium 7-Passenger w/EyeSight | Stevens Creek Subaru, San Jose CA

·
Super Moderator
2,428 Posts
Upon further investigation, that doesn't seem to be what I am looking for. I just need the red plastic piece that snaps over the terminal. Not the boot terminal itself. Here is a better picture of the part number you sent: Cable Ends. 2020 Subaru Ascent Premium 7-Passenger w/EyeSight | Stevens Creek Subaru, San Jose CA
The part in the picture in your link looks like 81608 in the schematic. 81611 should still be the red cover. Maybe some pictures got mixed up somewhere? Thankfully they’re fairly inexpensive parts
Text Line Map Diagram Parallel
Text Font Line Screenshot Brand

1 - 6 of 6 Posts