As a prospective buyer of the Ascent (very likely at this point), I'd love the option to be able to not have a roof rack. I've never used one over all the vehicles that have had it and would prefer a cleaner top for both visual and air-flow reasons. I wished the same for both of our outbacks as well as my JGC; the latter at least has really low profile rails.
I'm also not keen on the third row as I really don't need it, but at least it folds away. I do want the space, however!
I'd like a light interior option for the Touring Edition...dark interior colors are not my cup of tea. Alternatively, if the Limited had ventilated seats available--a feature I like and use with my current vehicle, then it would be a no brainer to go Limited rather than Touring.
I agree about the folding mirrors however, that wouldn't be at the top of my list. My list would be:auto folding mirrors it's a must have for every car. Why subaru in europe includes that feature and not subaru usa?
How about being able to get the Navigation without a Panoramic roof.Here's a suggestion list for Subaru to improve the Ascent. Feel free to add to the list.
- KEY FOB - For keyless systems, program setting to automatically AUTOLOCK when FOB is out of range.
- For keyless systems, program setting to automatically shut off car if not in range (if driver forgets to shut off car).
- RADIO - There are 18 presets (3 banks of 6 presets) built in to the radio. Add a programmable choice in SETUP for more banks, such as 36 presets (6 banks of 6 presets). In SETUP, make the number of active banks user programmable. For Sirius users, there are hundreds of stations available. We need more presets.
- Add variable relative volume adjustments between AM, FM, Sirius Radio and Aux. Currently, if FM is set to a comfortable volume, AM comes in at about 60% of that volume and Sirius comes blasting through at about 200% volume. It's a shockingly unbalanced and frightening event.
- LOCK/UNLOCK BUTTONS - are not illuminated on the door armrest, unlike all of the other controls. Almost impossible to use in the dark. Illuminate them!
- POWER SEAT ADJUSTMENT - would be nicer if it could be an inch or so higher.
- TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL - would be nicer if it came forward a few inches more.
- CUP HOLDERS - There are 19 cupholders that are great for kid's tippie cups, but are unusable for a larger water bottle, mug, Yeti, or oversized coffee cups...essentially anything other than a standard water bottle, soda can or tippie cup. Some companies have square bottles or larger bases to their bottles that do not fit. There is plenty of room in the doors and consoles for the bigger bottles, except for the molded pieces to define the edges of the cupholders. Why not have a large open space where the cupholders go and have several different inserts that are specific for larger containers? The smaller fixed cupholders renders most of them unusable in many instances.
- CONSOLE ARMREST - Unlike the second row Captain's Chairs, there are no armrests on the front seats. The center console cover doubles as an armrest. In my previous vehicles, an armrest allowed me to easily hold the steering wheel on long trips without having to physically elevate my arms to grasp the wheel. (That gets tired over many hours.) The center console cover is too low to comfortably reach the steering wheel, which doesn't telescope out far enough. By having the open end of the center console cover elevated by 3-5", it is at the precise height to easily and effortlessly hold the steering wheel for hours on end. I put a 4" spacer between the cover and the console base latch and it works quite nicely. A built-in console cover height adjuster would be even better.
- "CARWASH" BUTTON - that disables all of the safety features in one step for 5 -10 minutes.
- WIRELESS PHONE CHARGING in phone well.
- RETRACTABLE HOOK under passenger dash area on the right wall of the front console, next to the passenger's left leg. Firmly attached, it could hold a plastic bag of Chinese food from tipping over while driving or could anchor a waste bag.
- FRONT and REAR CAMERAS - Could they be recorded on a continuous loop for 30 minutes? 1 hour? An integrated dashcam option would be great. The Touring already has 2 built-in rear-facing cameras. Why not have the ability to record even one of them?
- TAILGATE LIGHT - Install that bright tailgate light (seen on other posts here) in the opening already there. Or make the rear light twice as bright. It really is dark back there.
- SIDE MIRRORS - Include their adjustments in the preset profiles used for seats.
- PLUSH CARPET OPTION - the available carpets are more like basic industrial mats. Why not have an over-the-top, plush luxury carpet available to go over the stock flooring? Perhaps an aftermarket company like WeatherTech, which already has laser measured dimensions for the floors, will have to offer one.