Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still running the OEM Falkens with just over 26K on them, which will probably make 30-35K. We don't go off road and the Ascent is our highway road trip car. Lots of trips down south, PA to SC and FL with an few trips to Maine in the spring/fall so mostly interstate driving. Looking at the Goodyear assurance weather ready which gets excellent ratings on tirerack. Any others you might recommend I take a look at before I replace the OEMs.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Michelin makes some of the best ASs money can buy - totally worth the slight premium. That said, I've only got ~3,500mi on my stocker Falkens so I don't have experience yet. But I WILL be putting whatever the best Michelin AS is at that time, on the car.

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
4,214 Posts
This is certainly a subjective thing. Like Bro', I'm a fan of Michelin tires. While my Falkens are wearing very well to-date at 18K miles (7 to 8/32 currently), when it comes time to replace, it will be Michelins. My favorite Michelin for SUV use is the Defender LTX, but that will require me to acquire 18" wheels or run slightly up-sized and deal with the ramifications of that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Looking at the Goodyear assurance weather ready which gets excellent ratings on tirerack. Any others you might recommend I take a look at before I replace the OEMs.
I bought the Assurance Maxlifes, which have gotten me thru a youth hockey season traveling the entire northeast without any problems whatsoever this winter.

·
Registered
791 Posts
One of the best things you can do is read reviews from the tire websites. I think Tire Rack will even let you sort by car. As mentioned above there are also a few threads on the forum.
I'll throw in my two cents, I have had great luck with general brand winter tires, and all season tires, plus they're relatively inexpensive.
Because I use winter tires for half the year, I probably have another three or four seasons with the Falkens ( I probably only put 5,000 miles a year on them, as I tend to drive more in the winter than the summer for some odd reason).

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wouldn’t call them the “best” but for an all-season, the Discount Tire recommendation Yokohamas have been working well for me for the last 15,000 miles. I lost a couple mpg’s with them compared to the stock falken’s though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts