Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Canadians on here who recently purchased a 2019 Ascent? What kind of discounts from MSRP did you negotiate? We're looking at a Limited w/ captains chairs. MSRP is $46,995. Carcost Canada shows invoice of $42,529. The last new car we bought was 13 years ago and it was a no-haggle invoice+x% deal, so I have no idea what a realistic target is these days.
Given the arrival of 2020s, I would expect dealers are looking to move the 2019s.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don’t believe any dealership have any 2019 Ascent left on the lot. I got mine Red Canadian Touring ordered in March. In beginning on May was cut out point for 2019 orders. Now is the end of October. Lucky you if your be able to find an 2019 leftover. And be careful. You have to keep in your mind that the last 2019 Ascent made at least four months ago. Question your dealership why they still have this car? What’s wrong with this car? Good luck with your shopping. If you are in GTA you can try Willowdale Subaru. Kent get me a good deal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We did end up getting a blue Limited. Ordered in July, delivered early August. The salesman told us a 2019 was on the truck, but it turned out to be the first 2020 they had at the dealership. We negotiated on a 2019, but got a 2020 instead! I got an ok price on the 2019, but a really good price for the 2020 since its MSRP was $1000 more and the discounts for the 2019s didn't apply to the 2020.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.