Subaru Ascent Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Registered
1,020 Posts
Literally how the EFF did they screw that up so badly?

I'm just a hobbyist who likes to greasemonkey on his daily-drivers from time-to-time (I can no longer call myself an enthusiast in this respect, as I no longer do this work near frequently enough), but I honestly removed those trim pieces (RECALL: WRL-22 -- PTC Heater Ground Bolt) in less than 60 seconds: and that includes the time it took for my grumpy and sassy teenage daughter (she's usually a delight, but not that afternoon) to find the stubby flat-head in my tool-chest. :ROFLMAO:

I didn't even bother going for any of my trim-tools.......

Reactions: Daniel Acosta

· Registered
2021 Subaru Ascent Touring
9 Posts
For what it's worth to other members, our 2019 Ascent Premium is at the Ewing Subaru dealership in Plano Texas for CVT number 2 and I asked my service rep if they could take care of this recall while they have the car. I was told they don't have the parts yet and that the recall involves swapping out four bolts and changing a harness (if required).
My Subaru dealer (Parker Subaru in Coeur D Alene, Idaho ) said they put me on the list and will call when the parts come in

· Registered
2021 Ascent Touring
2 Posts
I want to thank everyone for all the ideas and information I found here.

I just completed an 1,100 mile, 2 day, seasonal roadtrip with no problems. I had the climate control system off until the engine gauge was at the middle, running temperature. That was usually just under 15 minutes. I did spend a lot of time sniffing for burning plastic and feeling the sill cover.
Circumstances wont allow any repair until next year. Not sure I could get it done before that anyway. So I will to keep up my plan and hope I'm in the 99%! 😁

· Administrator
13,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Are any of these fires related to this recall? Or some other reasons?
No, they're related to hitting things. That sadly happens when a collision causes certain significant damage, especially to things like fuel or oil lines.

· Registered
75 Posts
For what it's worth to other members, our 2019 Ascent Premium is at the Ewing Subaru dealership in Plano Texas for CVT number 2 and I asked my service rep if they could take care of this recall while they have the car. I was told they don't have the parts yet and that the recall involves swapping out four bolts and changing a harness (if required).
Got our Ascent back from the dealer yesterday and the invoice shows this recall as completed "INSPECTED AND INSTALLED NEW HARDWARE. NO NEED FOR NEW HARNESS A125-151 (0.5) PARTS SOA635174 - WRL-22 BOLT KIT 1."

· Registered
1,020 Posts
I wonder if we'll see on these Forums an actual case of a vehicle needing the full harness replacement - given the balance between the really, really, really low percentage of affected vehicles versus the likelihood of an online Forum community to draw those who want to give voice to their concerns.

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,279 Posts
It's possible, @TSiWRX , but given that it's apparently a very rare actual issue based on Robert's previous comments, it would be amazing if we do see someone here that had to have that kind of major work done.

· Registered
1,020 Posts
^ That's exactly what I meant, @Jim_in_PA . (y)

We (Sara is my wife, that was one of her two FXTs) were among the winners of the Subaru Turbo Stop Sale (c.2009) - 09 Turbo engine failure , of which I submitted our Service Invoice as proof, in that referenced thread (which I'd created at the time; I didn't go there to "lodge a complaint," rather, I'd already been a part of that community [and the larger online Subaru community since 2005 - that '09 FXT was our 3rd Subaru]) -

Font Material property Paper Paper product Document

It would be most interesting to see if someone here also won the lottery - or if someone who had to have the whole harness replaced would check-in on this thread and give us the details. :)

Reactions: Robert.Mauro

· Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
5,271 Posts
I had an Oil Change/Tire Rotation done yesterday and Service told me there was a recall and that they were waiting for parts...Said he knew nothing else about it...
Anyone including the service advisor can lookup the recall to get detailed info describing what it is about and the process for the repair.

· Registered
12 Posts
I still haven't received the recall notice in the mail but my 2022 Ascent Touring was in for service today and the dealer addressed the recall / replaced the bolt.

So apparently the parts are already available - had I known that I would have brought it in sooner so I could park in my garage again.

· Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
6,279 Posts
I don't believe that the letters via USPS go out until next month sometime. But as noted, dealers do have the process and the parts available to do the work even though the official notices as required by regulation/law are not yet in the wild.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts