Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished washing my car and when I was cleaning the interior rear windows I noticed water in the gap between the door and the window. It had bubbles in it so I’m pretty sure it leaked from outside. It was in both sides. When I pushed against the seal, more water was squeezed out. Anybody else notice this?

·
Administrator
11,108 Posts
I just finished washing my car and when I was cleaning the interior rear windows I noticed water in the gap between the door and the window. It had bubbles in it so I’m pretty sure it leaked from outside. It was in both sides. When I pushed against the seal, more water was squeezed out. Anybody else notice this?
Not me. Four car washes so far. Were they firmly sealed? I always grab each button and hold them up for half a second just to make sure.

If they were, I'd have it checked out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
We had a strong frost this morning. Usually I warm up the car, but today I just got in, was able to get rid of the windshield frost with windshield wash BUT the frost on the side windows was pretty bad. With all of my other cars, I'd just put down the windows to see to the right and left before they defrosted. The power window were frozen tight and wouldn't move! All 4 of them!

Does this sound like an issue?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Frozen windows no my Outback will do this also. Be careful you don’t cause the memory switch to drop window range of movement memory by trying to force the window to go with continuous pressure on the switch.

The rear window leak comment above could be this switch memory aspect. All modern cars use a window switch that tracks window position if you have a power loss or surge the switch can forget where the window is in its current position. This typically causes the windows to drop about a 1/4 inch when the car is turned back on.

This has been seen in the Outbacks as far back as 2010. I first heard of this after a dead battery in a 2005 Mercedes I bought grandpa.

The fix is typically very simple you re teach the swich the window location. Roll all the way down to stop. Then close it using the auto up/close function it will stop short of full close. You then close it fully. This typically will reprogram the switch.

Same idea for sunroof except the auto close will not work. You do single button presses all the way through the closed to tip up / down via the same slide close button till the sun roof has finished closing. Then it should be programmed. It might take 2-3 tries to get it to program.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts