Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cap that covers the nut on the rear wiper is missing. After doing a little research this appears to be a relatively common occurrence when going through some car washes. I ordered a replacement cap and my question is, how do I get the cap to stay in place so I don't lose it every time I take the car through my local car wash?

·
Administrator
12,440 Posts
When you get the replacement, can you send me pics? Maybe I can help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I lost my cap 5th or 6th trip through our local cloth drive through wash. Replacement has lasted a good 20 or so washes since then. ¯\(ツ)

I have seen a few folks use a strip of blue painters tape securing cap to the glass to help it stay put.

If I loose it again I'll probably start doing that.

·
Administrator
12,440 Posts
That's what the better places near me do when cars pull up (tape the rear assembly down). Dunno if they do the cap though.

Actually, I don't even know if I still have mine. I've went through probably a hundred car washes by now. And it shows!!! :ROFLMAO:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cap that covers the nut on the rear wiper is missing. After doing a little research this appears to be a relatively common occurrence when going through some car washes. I ordered a replacement cap and my question is, how do I get the cap to stay in place so I don't lose it every time I take the car through my local car wash?
More of the story: I received the replacement cap. First thing I discovered is that it fits very snugly and I'm having a hard time figuring how it got accidently knocked off. When I tried it for fit, I had to use both hands to get it off again. Anyway, it has 4 points to hold it in place so I put a dab of Loctite Repair Extreme glue on each of those 4 points and put the cap back on. That glue has held 2 coffee mug handles on for over 10 years so I'm optimistic. :)

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Limited, 2015 WRX, 2022 OB Onyx
4,652 Posts
candle stick- um

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
That's what the better places near me do when cars pull up (tape the rear assembly down). Dunno if they do the cap though.

Actually, I don't even know if I still have mine. I've went through probably a hundred car washes by now. And it shows!!! :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 17742
what is that custom color called on the Subaru build page?

·
Administrator
12,440 Posts
what is that custom color called on the Subaru build page?
"Yucky Forest Mud Matte". Also, there's the super secret "Red Brick Mud" wheel trim option that's really tough to order, but goes really well with the YFMM body accents. :ROFLMAO:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
"Yucky Forest Mud Matte". Also, there's the super secret "Red Brick Mud" wheel trim option that's really tough to order, but goes really well with the YFMM body accents. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 17795
I really like the RBM. I will look for the code next time I order. Together the two are winners!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts