Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

My 2020 Ascent has a rubber seal issue around the rear quarter window (looks like it was folded over when the window was installed), has anyone else had this fault and was it covered under warranty for you?
This is clearly a defect made at the assembly plant and I am not very impressed to say the least as my local dealership has currently shown very inadequate customer service and said this is not covered under warranty! How can this be if it left the factory like this?

Thanks,

Attachments

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All,

My 2020 Ascent has a rubber seal issue around the rear quarter window (looks like it was folded over when the window was installed), has anyone else had this fault and was it covered under warranty for you?
This is clearly a defect made at the assembly plant and I am not very impressed to say the least as my local dealership has currently shown very inadequate customer service and said this is not covered under warranty! How can this be if it left the factory like this?

Thanks,
…Went to another dealership on Friday. Again told this issue is not covered under the 5 year Subaru Protection Plan ‘Complete Wrap’ Warranty (so what Warranty does cover this factory issue?!) but they are going to contact Subaru and see what they can do as a ‘goodwill’ gesture. Apparently this is not a weather seal as such but more of a piece of trim, was told the weather seal is the adhesive used when installing the window.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
…Went to another dealership on Friday. Again told this issue is not covered under the 5 year Subaru Protection Plan ‘Complete Wrap’ Warranty (so what Warranty does cover this factory issue?!) but they are going to contact Subaru and see what they can do as a ‘goodwill’ gesture. Apparently this is not a weather seal as such but more of a piece of trim, was told the weather seal is the adhesive used when installing the window.
Was told by the dealership that Subaru would not cover this window trim repair. I then asked what warranty would cover this repair then? -they could not provide an answer! Shame on you Subaru for such poor treatment of your customers!

· Registered
2023 Ascent Touring / 2020 Forester Touring
1,015 Posts
Hm... i never heard "‘Complete Wrap’ from Subaru is it a Canada thing ?
should've been addressed under 3/36 , and if it was "defect " why did it take so long to ask

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hm... i never heard "‘Complete Wrap’ from Subaru is it a Canada thing ?
should've been addressed under 3/36 , and if it was "defect " why did it take so long to ask
Yes, it is a ‘Complete’ coverage Subaru Protection Plan for 5yr/120,000Km and the window trim defect was noticed recently, after the standard factory 3 year warranty had expired, however the Ascent is still within my 5yr/120,000Km extended warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts