Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The driver side rear window isn't operating properly. The "down" function doesn't work at the rear driver side seat. The "down" function from the driver window panel works (up too).

Works:
Driver control for rear driver side window "up"/"down"
Rear drivers side window "up"

Doesn't work:
Rear driver side window "down"

In other words, we can roll up the rear driver window but can't roll it down using the control on the rear driver door. Works just fine from the driver's position both directions.

I tried the "reinitialization" method, but I think that's just for the passenger side door. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2020 Ascent Limited
129 Posts
Do the passenger side windows work? Not sure if the "window lock" button on the drivers armrest will allow the windows to go up only. But if that is the case the passenger side should work the same. Possibly a bad switch on the rear door or a bad connection. I had an issue with the rear drivers side window on my Forester that would go down and not up. But it wouldn't go up from the drivers control either. Turned out it was a loose connector in the drivers door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the passenger side windows work? Not sure if the "window lock" button on the drivers armrest will allow the windows to go up only. But if that is the case the passenger side should work the same. Possibly a bad switch on the rear door or a bad connection. I had an issue with the rear drivers side window on my Forester that would go down and not up. But it wouldn't go up from the drivers control either. Turned out it was a loose connector in the drivers door.
I suspect it's the switch on the rear driver door. Everything else works just fine on all other windows/doors. Fully operational all around the car from drivers console. Drove around for first week with windows locked as the tint cured.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts