Subaru Ascent Forum banner

Rear seatbelt alerts

19K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Robert.Mauro 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey group, I have a 2021 Ascent Limited. I'm still figuring out all of the bells and whistles, and how to enable and disable those that I want enabled.

I have a 40 pound dog that sits in the backseat (rear bench seat), and depending on how she's sitting, triggers the rear seatbelt alert. At times it can be constant. Is there a way to disable the seatbelt alert beeping? I'm okay with the alert lights on the dash, but the beeping gets excessive and is at times very disruptive, I'd prefer to have the seatbelt alert beeps disabled.

#10 ·
This didn’t work for us. Our 80 lb. Doberman still steps on the seatbelt and releases it so it rings constantly. The only solution we came up with is to put a large dog bed on the seat to cover the release and pull the other half of the seat forward So she can’t reach over there or step on the release. She can still wear a seatbelt. It’s a hassle but it works.

#4 ·
Ah, yes, new to 2021... and buried in the manual.

I suggest putting the seat belt behind the seat, and then clipping it. This will make it more difficult for the doggies to unclip because of the tension of the seat belt. Otherwise, I'd try a seat belt clip (no strap), and push the receiver down so they can't step on it.

#5 ·
#7 ·
I can't find an owner settable option, but, usually in that case, there's a dealer settable option available, but I haven't found it yet. I'll report back if I do.

#14 ·
Subaru seems to have decided that they know better than their customers. There are chimes for everything now. Seriously, a check your back seat because you have stopped driving? I had a rental Volvo and the silence was so nice. No one wants this. Stop with the noise, Subaru! Please.

#15 ·
Actually, a number of people want it, and sadly, a number of people need it. Also, the current system detects passengers and child seats (or other heavy things) in the rear seat - it doesn't just chime for the sake of it.

It's sad some people need it, but, at least it's not really obtrusive.

Font Computer Screenshot Technology Electronic device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.