Subaru Ascent Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a small button on the outside of the rear hatch (2021 Touring). It's to the right of the license plate a few inches. Anyone know the use? I pushed it and all I got was a continuous beep. Didn't find a single mention of it in the manual or when checking previous threads either. ???? Thanks
IMG_3246.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
3,263 Posts
One press locks the vehicle if all the doors are shut.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 2019 Ascent Touring and it’s also another way to auto lock the car from the back hatch without having to touch one of the front door handles. We use it all the time!
Is it possible that you are describing the hatch "close and lock button" next to the hatch "close button" on the driver side of the gate? I did not know the pin code button on the passenger side locked anything, I've only used it for unlocking.

·
Administrator
10,206 Posts
Correct and correct. It's for the secret pin code, or to lock the car from the outside when you've got the FOB on your person.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I just noticed a small button on the outside of the rear hatch (2021 Touring). It's to the right of the license plate a few inches. Anyone know the use? I pushed it and all I got was a continuous beep. Didn't find a single mention of it in the manual or when checking previous threads either. ???? Thanks
View attachment 12221
Instructions for programing it are on Page 125 of the manual. Don't worry about "screwing it up" the first time, you have to do it twice and the 5 digits must match.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Premium
8 Posts
This is amazing!!! I mountain bike and it's always a pain to find somewhere for my keys. Thank you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just like to point out that you shouldn't leave your keys in the car when hiking. We went hiking last week at and when we came back, someone in the parking lot had their car window smashed. Yup, anything they'd left in it had been taken. It's an neat feature for sure, but I'd not recommend leaving the key inside.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I guess I should read the owners manual sometime! Most of the car, even the touring with all the extra stuff, is very intuitive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts