Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve noticed once I open my rear gate, I can always push it up just a bit farther until it reaches max height. Can that max height be achieved via button push/automatic-open? I’ve played with the memory function but no luck getting the gate to auto raise to that max height.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I’ve noticed once I open my rear gate, I can always push it up just a bit farther until it reaches max height. Can that max height be achieved via button push/automatic-open? I’ve played with the memory function but no luck getting the gate to auto raise to that max height.
I assume you are asking because you have hit your head several times on the rear hatch. I had that problem with my Highlander. I sold it for a Ridgeline. The answer would be no, it has to have some play or movement in it as it extends to full height.

·
Administrator
11,928 Posts
Can a person that’s 6’ stand up straight without hitting a lifted hatch at max extension?
Yes, if you manually open it all the way. The memory setting max is about 5'11" with shoes. Otherwise, if you are barefoot, then you have a bit more space.

It's 73" from ground to lowest point of the door.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.