Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read thru many suggestions to work around absence of interior lighting when Ascent liftgate opens, NONE OF WHICH SHOULD BE NECESSARY, but found none stating the obvious: has anyone communicated with Subaru about this major flaw? I traded a 2009 Toyo Highlander for the Ascent, and the Highlander's rear compartment (along w/the rest of the interior) illuminated brightly when the liftgate was opened. How is it in a vehicle with such ultra-sophisticated technology left out this no-brainer feature? Is there anywhere we can lodge a complaint? Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
I mean, I'm not sure what a "complaint" is going to do. Its not like they're going to retrofit all 2019 Ascents with hatchback lighting.

I'm sure that they would take constructive feedback and consider putting it in future models if enough people expressed an interest in it...

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought it was odd that the same size ( and positioning) of the light is the same for my 2018 Crosstrek. I assume that Subaru thinks you just need to illuminate the area just beyond the third row when it is up. If the third row is down, the upper lights come into play to illuminate the rest. I've also looked into doing something portable for more light. However, I've come to the conclusion that the juice isn't worth the squeeze. If I need more light, I usually have a small Fenix light as an every day carry in my pocket or use my phone. Would I have put the light where it is when designing the Ascent? No, it would be up on the roofline like my past Xterra and 2nd Gen Honda Pilot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts