Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post some under car photos please? Say rear chassis, rear bumper inside picture etc?

By far , the exterior pictures are every where and it really starts bringing visual fatigues. I believe more detail under car pictures will make us more excited!

Thanks everyone.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Can anyone post some under car photos please? Say rear chassis, rear bumper inside picture etc?

By far , the exterior pictures are every where and it really starts bringing visual fatigues. I believe more detail under car pictures will make us more excited!

Thanks everyone.
Scroll through this gallery by @trashfo

https://imgur.com/a/7pF6970

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I agree, we need to get some more pics of the underside of the vehicle. The front and rear are actually pretty tame. The rear is completely boring and the front is just a little too conservative, but I guess that is Subaru. From the side it looks pretty much like any Pilot or Highlander.
The interior features and looks is where the Subaru wins out, along with the drive train.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Robert. I have seen these.
However the underside pictures from this album doesn't give more details of the chassis, mostly parts of the spare tire and transmission block.

Can someone rally up with some pictures of struts, control arms , shocks, etc etc please ??

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts
Thank you Robert. I have seen these.
However the underside pictures from this album doesn't give more details of the chassis, mostly parts of the spare tire and transmission block.

Can someone rally up with some pictures of struts, control arms , shocks, etc etc please ??
IF they let me (hoping the next test drive slot today is available, and I can spend extra time), I will do so today.

·
Registered
685 Posts

Thanks everyone.
I should be going to Mike Shaw today to pick up sway bar bushings for the Ascent. They have one in their showroom, let me see what I can do. I have been under it once. The rear looks very much like a large Outback or Legacy. However, the rear sway bar attaches to the underside of the chassis and NOT to the rear suspension floating subframe.

There is a lot of plastic engine undercover, I couldn't see much up front. The front sway bar, LCA and subframe all look similar to a larger OB/Leggy. I'll see if I can get some pics.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I should be going to Mike Shaw today to pick up sway bar bushings for the Ascent. They have one in their showroom, let me see what I can do. I have been under it once. The rear looks very much like a large Outback or Legacy. However, the rear sway bar attaches to the underside of the chassis and NOT to the rear suspension floating subframe.

There is a lot of plastic engine undercover, I couldn't see much up front. The front sway bar, LCA and subframe all look similar to a larger OB/Leggy. I'll see if I can get some pics.
Same as Impreza/XV. Part of the SGP config

·
Registered
685 Posts
It makes sense to me the XV is tall. The 1st 2 generations of the Forester were like this. I expect it's is better for high speed cross-wind stability for the models with a higher center of gravity. These (3) all fit that mold. The rear sway bar is a common upgrade for the Legacy/Outbacks. The Outback more so. I am sure the design intent was to keep those cars more flexible for loading and soft-roading at the sacrifice of high speed floaty-ness.

Something you don't want in a 7 passenger vehicle for the family.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is my attempt at undercarriage photos. I took them today after I test drove at Fox Subaru in Auburn NY. (Apparently this is one Ascent that is traveling all over upstate New York. It was a red Limited 7-passenger with the technology package.) I found it to be tricky to get a good perspective and I didn't time to fully understand what I was pointing my camera at, so I'm sure others will do a better job.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
No good pics of the front sway bar mount, but he rear is the same that I saw. I am sill waiting on the call, I expect my own donor bushings will not be here today.

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Administrator
10,987 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
I wonder if the oil drain plug is under that plastic cover... there is a lot of that underbody coverage. I wonder if that helps with mpg’s?

·
Registered
685 Posts
My product delivery was delayed due the holiday.

I expect to go back to the dealer middle of next week and will take pics accordingly.

·
Registered
932 Posts
So does the Y-pipe mean you have two mufflers, etc? Double the fun, double the cost?

Anyway, I'm actually a big fan of the gigantic trapezoidal grille. I think it's nice. It's a little Mazda-esque, but I sure like it a whole lot more than my 2011 Outback one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.