Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2019 Ascent Touring November 2018. I started hearing a buzzing/rattling sound coming from the front dash the beginning of April 2019. I read that this on the forum: "Bulletin announces availability of a new electric power steering (EPS) rack assembly. The new EPS assembly addresses a limited number of customer concerns involving a rattling-type sound from the steering which may be heard when driving on rough roads." The sound is coming more toward the middle of the dash/passenger side. Would this be the steering rack making the noise? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Going in next week to have the dealer look at it...I'm sure it won't make the noise when I'm there. LOL!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Same issue and not the steering rack for me. Let me know if you track it down....doesn't seem to be correlated to bumps really.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If related to bumps or rough roads and you have something in the "glasses" compartment, that may be the culprit.

Reactions: packout

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my 2019 Ascent Touring November 2018. I started hearing a buzzing/rattling sound coming from the front dash the beginning of April 2019. I read that this on the forum: "Bulletin announces availability of a new electric power steering (EPS) rack assembly. The new EPS assembly addresses a limited number of customer concerns involving a rattling-type sound from the steering which may be heard when driving on rough roads." The sound is coming more toward the middle of the dash/passenger side. Would this be the steering rack making the noise? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Going in next week to have the dealer look at it...I'm sure it won't make the noise when I'm there. LOL!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you have sunglasses in the holder ? I had a rattle/sliding sound and that is what it was! Sounded like there was something loose in the dash, drove me crazy for a week or so till I realized it was just the glasses in the holder. The sound transmitted to the dash, strange.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The way Subaru puts the windshield glue sometimes it isn’t put right and can cause wind noise that sounds like a rattle. My crosstrek has this.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
If related to bumps or rough roads and you have something in the "glasses" compartment, that may be the culprit.
The rattling was driving me crazy and given how quite the vehicle had been up to that point, I was not a happy camper. Then like you realized it was in the glasses compartment. The universe is again in good working order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts