Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I can't say for sure if it's the same, but I had a similar rattle on the right side which I traced to the right safety belt mechanism.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a problem, that could be the noise that you are hearing. The plastic piece at the bottom of the windshield has loosened up and sounds similar. While checking the wipers, I noticed that the plastic channel/ vent that goes under the hood and above the firewall then onto the bottom of the windshield is displaced and separated from the windshield.

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Metal Auto part
Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Metal Auto part

·
Registered
732 Posts
As seen in the photos, that cowling piece has “hooks” on it’s underside that slide under the glass edge.
the forward-most part of the cowling should have plastic push-pins to keep it from sliding forward, separating like shown. There’s been a few of these reports of that same exact issue.
wonder if this is a thing.

·
Registered
425 Posts
For the windshield thing, here's mine and some replies. I can't give you any details on what the dealership did to fix it, as they are incapable of communicating (not my regular dealership, and I want nothing to do with them any more).

As for the OP and the noise, I don't have any insight (my windshield problem did not cause any noise).

F.S.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Whatever the cause is it sounds like some loose plastic part .Hopefully nothing big and Subaru should take care of it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Have a passenger try to precisely locate the noise while you drive. That's how I found and solved mine.

If you can't find it, take a dealer's tech for a ride and demand that they fix it. A noise that bad indicates a problem that is covered under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am noticing the same thing. Thought my speaker was busted, but vaguely noice it when music was off and hit a road bump. Let us know what the issue was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - Anyone know what this rattle is... it's been happening for weeks and the dealership can't figure it out..

I have this exact same problem, the noise in your video is almost identical to the video we just took in my 2020 Ascent, incredibly annoying for long road trips. Did you figure it out? Planning to go to the dealer soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - Anyone know what this rattle is... it's been happening for weeks and the dealership can't figure it out..

finally solved this problem, the weather stripping below the windshield separated a bit and was oscillating at speed, let me know if it's still an issue, can forward more info

1 - 16 of 16 Posts