Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this any figure out where it is coming from? Near trip reset and left vent area and it's a light knocking noise over small bumps. I ripped off lower panel and stuck my head under there and could not replicate.

I'm also getting a creaking noise when stepping on brakes, but i think this is from the brake light switch and going to try greasing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone else have this any figure out where it is coming from? Near trip reset and left vent area and it's a light knocking noise over small bumps. I ripped off lower panel and stuck my head under there and could not replicate.

I'm also getting a creaking noise when stepping on brakes, but i think this is from the brake light switch and going to try greasing it.
I am getting rattle sound from the same area. When I just press my hand above the left A/C went (on the dash, next to speaker vent) it stops.
It sounds like the plastic clip rattle sound.

·
Registered
23 Posts
@MAGNUMB --were getting a creak on our brake pedal also, sounds like its coming from the pedal itself and Its louder on brake release versus brake depress. can you tell me if greasing it worked and what grease you used?

I haven't heard the rattle yet, my wife said she hears it sometimes. will be taking the new ascent on a road trip soon and will be checking for the rattle spots/speeds etc. The 2015 forester had some rattle noises from the rearview mirror plastic (fixed with doublesided tape) and from up near the windshield (fixed with barbed rubber seal tubing)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts