Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took delivery last night. Sold 2018 Honda Odyssey back to Honda dealer b/c we'd had too many issues with it and were tired of dealing with it. Understand we lost some value on deal b/c we didn't keep it that long but we were happy to be out of the vehicle and are actually moving to a lower car payment now with no out of pocket, just a little bit longer note.

Ascent Touring (Red) w/ Package 2A and Aero Cross Bars
Package 2A included : Ext Auto Dim Mirror, Rear Bumper Cover, LED Upgrades, Cargo Tray, All Weather Floor Liners, Splash Guards

Sticker price including 975 Destination/Delivery was $46,798

Deal:

$42,524.74 including installed Subaru hitch that has been ordered (we've got a we owe slip for it)
- I believe this included $500 from Subaru for having previous maintenance contract on 2018 Outback but I don't see evidence of it in the paperwork
$699 processing
$1793.79 tax
$73.48 dealer business license tax
$34 for tags/registration

for an Out to Door total of $45,125.01

$2500 Negotiated Subaru Gold Plus 6/100,000 w/ $100 Deductible and 42,000 mile pre paid service at 6K intervals
$75 Tax
(I understand I could have gotten this slightly cheaper via another dealer but they got close enough and it was convenient to just do it all at the same place. Also, I had really beat them up (and had another dealer fighting for the deal) that I felt it was a good enough deal.

Total - really out the door of $47,701.01

How did I do?

·
Registered
9 Posts
pricing

Looks like you got a really good deal to me... I purchased mine this past Friday. An Ascent Touring model with the same option package you purchased. The base price came to $46,589. My final numbers were:

Base- $43,498
Admin Fee- $699
Title Fees- $132
Gold Plus Warranty with $100 Deductible- $1350
Total out the door $48,780.01

*note- no towing package; included 2 year/24k maintenance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Took delivery last night. Sold 2018 Honda Odyssey back to Honda dealer b/c we'd had too many issues with it and were tired of dealing with it. Understand we lost some value on deal b/c we didn't keep it that long but we were happy to be out of the vehicle and are actually moving to a lower car payment now with no out of pocket, just a little bit longer note.

Package 2A included : Ext Auto Dim Mirror, Rear Bumper Cover, LED Upgrades, Cargo Tray, All Weather Floor Liners, Splash Guards

Deal:

$42,524.74 including installed Subaru hitch that has been ordered (we've got a we owe slip for it)
- I believe this included $500 from Subaru for having previous maintenance contract on 2018 Outback but I don't see evidence of it in the paperwork
$699 processing
$1793.79 tax

$2500 Negotiated Subaru Gold Plus 6/100,000 w/ $100 Deductible and 42,000 mile pre paid service at 6K intervals
$75 Tax
(I understand I could have gotten this slightly cheaper via another dealer but they got close enough and it was convenient to just do it all at the same place. Also, I had really beat them up (and had another dealer fighting for the deal) that I felt it was a good enough deal.

How did I do?
Where did you get this deal?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the Touring model without the tow hitch and 8 year / 80,000 extended warranty for 50k OTD. I'm near San Diego, and not sure if that's why I paid more. It could be that I'm a poor negotiator.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got the Touring model without the tow hitch and 8 year / 80,000 extended warranty for 50k OTD. I'm near San Diego, and not sure if that's why I paid more. It could be that I'm a poor negotiator.
Welcome fellow socal subaru owner. No, my friend, it's not you. EVERYTHING costs more here!! I can't believe the deals that people in other states are getting. Never the less, enjoy your sweet new ride. :smile:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome fellow socal subaru owner. No, my friend, it's not you. EVERYTHING costs more here!! I can't believe the deals that people in other states are getting. Never the less, enjoy your sweet new ride. :smile:
Great to hear! After reading about the other deals, I felt like I got ripped off pretty bad. :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also picked up a White Touring this past weekend.. My figures..

Touring White with

Popular Package #3 (AAD)*
Side sill plate
Door scuff protector
Door edge guard
Splash Guards
Alloy wheel locks
Hitch
Body molding

$42800 + TTL
Gold Plus: 10yr/100k/$100: $1600

·
Registered
33 Posts
We did a Blue Touring with many options including side sills, all-weather mats, rear cargo protector, and splash guards for $45,500 out the door, done.
I got them to throw in the entertainment package as well (2 iPads, 2 Harmon Kardon headphones) at no additional charge because they couldn't get the trailer hitch ordered for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking at a 36mo/15k mile lease and I've got them to $593/mo with nothing down and $25202 RV. This is on a Touring with a hitch, all weather mats, seat protectors, 3rd row shades, etc. Feel pretty good about it

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I would never have thought I would see the day when customers would be paying nearly $50K (including taxes, title, etc) for a Subaru! Wow.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I paid $40.5K OTD (6.25% TX car tax) for a Limited (ordered it) w/ a hitch and wheel locks. I think I did pretty good, there's a bit of room for lower price. Otherwise, $5K over my Limited is pretty good.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looking at a 36mo/15k mile lease and I've got them to $593/mo with nothing down and $25202 RV. This is on a Touring with a hitch, all weather mats, seat protectors, 3rd row shades, etc. Feel pretty good about it

That's about right, but I'm making this comment based on my Money Factor/residual at the time of my lease signing in November.

Make sure to pop on the Edmumds Subaru Ascent Lease thread and ask for the current MF so that you can back-calculate your monthly (remember to supply them with your lease term and mileage cap). I think you're definitely in the ballpark for a decent - if not outright good - deal.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That's about right, but I'm making this comment based on my Money Factor/residual at the time of my lease signing in November.

Make sure to pop on the Edmumds Subaru Ascent Lease thread and ask for the current MF so that you can back-calculate your monthly (remember to supply them with your lease term and mileage cap). I think you're definitely in the ballpark for a decent - if not outright good - deal.
It appears that some moderator, on the Edmunds site, in their infinite wisdom closed the thread on leasing numbers for the Ascent. Perhaps there is a logical explanation.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It appears that some moderator, on the Edmunds site, in their infinite wisdom closed the thread on leasing numbers for the Ascent. Perhaps there is a logical explanation.

:dunno: Are we looking at the same one?

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/51351/subaru/x/2019-subaru-ascent-lease-deals-and-prices/p1

^ That thread is definitely still open and active....... The comment field is open for me (you do need to be a registered site member - which is free of charge - to be able to post). Activity seems to not have slowed there over the past few days, and the last post there registered was a question from one of the Mods asking for more information from an earlier poster, logged at 10:52 AM local on my side.

Maybe you experienced a Forum glitch?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
:dunno: Are we looking at the same one?

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/51351/subaru/x/2019-subaru-ascent-lease-deals-and-prices/p1

^ That thread is definitely still open and active....... The comment field is open for me (you do need to be a registered site member - which is free of charge - to be able to post). Activity seems to not have slowed there over the past few days, and the last post there registered was a question from one of the Mods asking for more information from an earlier poster, logged at 10:52 AM local on my side.

Maybe you experienced a Forum glitch?
Not sure what happened. Maybe they opened another thread because the thread I looked at only had 5 posts this morning. Thank you!!

·
Registered
682 Posts
^ No problem!

That's weird....there could indeed have been some crazy parallel thread running, which they must have then closed.

I've always turned to their help with our Subaru leases, and we've always been able to use those numbers to get deals which we've been satisfied with. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts

Deal:

$699 processing
$1793.79 tax

$75 Tax

How did I do?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Subaru a good deal with exception of 2 things. I got the same warranty but I paid 2K for, and I got the 4 oil changes thrown in. But the rest of your deal sounds above board to me. I'm not a great car negotiator ,but my wife is Outstanding . We were walking out when the biggest dog of the dealership asked us what it would take to deal. She told him, he said screw it let's go. 2021 ice silver touring edition. In my driveway and I like it.
Car Sky Cloud Vehicle Motor vehicle
Car Sky Cloud Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.