Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSRP incl. Delivery was 46,690
Touring edition. Trailer hitch’s auto dim mirrors with approach light.

Eastern MA

Got them down to 42990 (-3700 discount).

How did I do?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Very good. Some have paid retail. We bought from a dealership that was changing owners and they seemed ok with any deal. We ordered early and were delivered on 7/11. About $3,500 off retail using a Costco reference from another dealer. Other dealers would only offer that price on new orders in July. For me I never want to get my new car after the fall as it will be dirty for the next 6 months. Spring is better for your initial ownership in nice weather when the car easily stays clean. I left my temp tags on for the full three months just to feel like I had a new car longer. On a side note I have been disappointed that even though we live in Portland a city full of Subarus only one person ever asked about the car. I really expected many questions, comments and looks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
MSRP incl. Delivery was 46,690
Touring edition. Trailer hitch’s auto dim mirrors with approach light.

Eastern MA

Got them down to 42990 (-3700 discount).

How did I do?
Did this include the destination charge or was that added on top of this? If not, I think you could have saved a bit more money by using the ASPCA VIP discount (cost $500), but it would have been invoice minus 2%. For your Touring and those accessories, invoice would have been $41601 (for Ascent at invoice) and $530 for the hitch and auto-dimming mirrors (invoice). Add them together and reduce by 2% and that's $41288.38 + destination, which varies depending where the car is going. For me, destination was $975. ASPCA VIP membership would cost $500, bringing the total to $41788.38 + destination. If your price of $42990 included destination, you did extremely well. However, I would say you did pretty darn well in any case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone.

To clarify, delivery is included but doc & title are not.

So I paid 42,990 and have 130 for title / registration and 300 for doc fee. Then tax of course.

Looks like I did ok! Can’t wait to pick it up this week!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was Village Subaru in acton, ma.

Vin is the sales manager. It was a decent experience with no BS or wasted time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts