Subaru Ascent Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends, LOVE this forum.

Ok help me figure this out. So my iphone is connected via bluetooth to my ascent.

I decide to start a fb live on my phone.

The starlink interprets that as a phone call. It says I am on a phone call and wont let me do ANYTHING with the audio system.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If you’re doing anything that requires phone audio/video but it’s an activity that normally isn’t conducive to driving at the same time, then it’s probably best to to turn off your Bluetooth while you’re doing whatever you’re doing. There’s no need to have your phone linked to the car while starting a FB live session, because that isn’t something you do while driving, no?

·
Super Moderator
2,586 Posts
I believe some mapping apps either have or had an option to send the audio as a call or just as audio. Maybe Facebook live has a similar option? I recall the Bluetooth cash option being incredibly annoying in a car I used to own years ago 😂
I’m also assuming you’re not doing anything unsafe while driving of course 😉

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the all lectures on safe driving :). Let me jump in the car with you and watch one day.

I am a professional storm chaser. I broadcast to national networks like CNN, TWC, ABC etc in addition to a large FB community. Once I turn on the video, its pointed OUT the video.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thanks for the all lectures on safe driving :). Let me jump in the car with you and watch one day.

I am a professional storm chaser. I broadcast to national networks like CNN, TWC, ABC etc in addition to a large FB community. Once I turn on the video, its pointed OUT the video.
Pardon my ignorance. I didn’t see a use case for FB live while connected to BT. Peace man.
Cool job btw. 😎

·
Administrator
11,124 Posts
Let's not make use case assumptions, people. For instance, I've use Facebook Live, and never touched the phone or interacted in a way that interfered with driving or concentration.

As for Facebook, Live or otherwise, it's got flakey Android Auto support and doesn't integrate well. Worse, something in the new app made it worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts